Chapter Part 28

Leiko's House

"My Ise-itoko..."

The adoptive cousin of Issei hated it when her little cousin was in trouble, directly or indirectly. He just couldn't be left alone, no matter how many times he tried to pursue a normal life. One of the main problems was that Issei wasn't normal at all.

After all, how could someone who was abnormal live a normal life? It was so strange.

Leiko sighed as she gently pet Issei on his head. As much as she was happy that Issei was in her house, the sudden occurrence surprised her. If she recalled, Issei never knew where she lived. Judging from that standpoint, Leiko deduced that Great Red had to have brought him here, since the Apocalypse Dragon was the only one who'd visited the house before.

The young woman became more aware as she spotted Issei's body glowing with a bright crimson aura. Her crimson-eyes widening in bewilderment, Leiko went to lightly tap her cousin on his cheek.

SLAM

Leiko jumped and turned around to see her door completely destroyed. Standing in front of the house was a handsome young man with silver-white hair. Leiko noticed something strange about the young man. He had a silver Dragon Arm on the back of his body that glowed with power.

The young man looked around Leiko's house, and uttered an annoyed grunt when he spotted who Indra wanted him to test out. Pacing towards the woman sitting next to the sleeping Issei, the man went to grab the woman.

Leiko fought back and kicked the man in the stomach, and immediately went over to shield Issei. Recovering almost immediately, the young man pat his stomach and walked dangerously towards Leiko.

"I wouldn't do that again if I were you, wench. I didn't come here to deal with trash like you."

"Don't you lay a single finger on Issei!" Leiko yelled, "He hasn't done anything to you!"

"Oh you misunderstand me. I'm not planning to injure him. Yet. I have orders to test his exact strength level."

"Look just leave, all right? He's resting right now!"

"Like I give a shit." The young man snarled, "Now get out of my way!"

"Not a chance, you bastard!" Leiko narrowed her eyes at the man.

Losing his patience, the young man manifested a sword with Demonic features, and raised it above Leiko's head. Leiko remained still, not even flinching. The young man suddenly sported a sadistic smile.

"Allow me to tell you my name before you die. I am Siegfried, the descendant of the Nordic Siegfried and the wielder of Gram, the strongest Demonic Sword in existence. You should be honored that you know my name."

"You arrogant asshole!"

"I've been called worse." Siegfried said before he brought his sword down.

Leiko held in her breath as she closed her eyes, waiting for the sword to come in contact with her.

CLANG

"What?!"

Shaking slightly, Leiko hesitantly opened her eyes and gasped. Blocking the sword in front of her, were three incredibly sharp twelve-inch crimson-glowing metallic claws. Leiko looked on in shock as she moved her head, finding out the claws were unsheathed from Issei beneath his knuckles.

Siegfried widened his eyes at the sight of the quiet Issei.

'Are those Dragon Claws? They're laced with great power!'