Chapter 49

Yomi

"It's a good thing I'm aware of what my other self is doing. Just have to make sure he doesn't overdo it and end up damaging something important."

Issei calmly walked up towards the closing exit of Yomi, his pace even and unhesitant. It wasn't going to be a challenge to escape from the realm of Yomi, given that he had broken himself and Izanami out.

But now, he had even more things to think about. While his black hole personification was busy with Amenominakanushi, he had to do something about the Earth and the rest of the sun-related deities.

He himself couldn't create a new Sun, not with his spiritual body, or even his other self's form. That black hole transformation was a force that could potentially destroy anything at this point.

"The Earth doesn't really have a lot of time left. And neither do Mom and the others. Not to mention even Gaia and the other Earth deities. They're the personifications of the planet after all. Damn it!"

As he looked up, Issei spotted the bright light of the cave, indicating that he was near the exit of Yomi. He adopted a small wistful smile, his skeleton once again sporting a frightening smirk.

"Every time I solve a problem, there's always something to accompany it. So...how am I going to solve this one? I can't ask Ophis-hime or Brother Red to help me. I most definitely won't ask Kami or Shinigami-san to help me too. At this point, it's a little unnecessary for them to intervene."

He then stopped in his tracks as he noticed the rest of what he had just said.

"Ophis-hime?" He questioned himself, "Huh. So this is what it's like to express myself and give her a pet name. A-anyway..."

Issei increased his walking speed, trying to get his mind back on track.

"All right, what can I do? What can I do?" He repeated to himself, "Ddraig and the rest of the Dragons are stuck with my other self, so there's no sense in contacting them. Grandma's still weak from the purification, so even if I knew where she was, which I do, there's no point in trying to communicate with her. Hmm. So the Dragons and Izanami are out of the question."

The Solar God directed his sight towards the bright light closing in on him, and he found himself in front of a large boulder.

"...Just like last time." Issei sighed before rearing his fist back.

Takamagahara

As a result of the impact caused by the collision between Issei's fist and the boulder, the light released an even brighter illumination. Walking out of Yomi silently, Issei allowed himself to release a deep sigh at the sight of Takamagahara. The home he supposedly originated from.

"With the Sun gone, Mom and every other solar deity continue to grow weaker. So they need to be healed as soon as possible."

He suddenly looked up in shock as a thought popped up in his mind.

"Healed!" He exclaimed, "Yes, of course! Healing! I need something that can restore them to their natural energies! But nothing on Earth can do that! Not that I know of anyway!"

Issei could feel the wheels turning in his mind, feeling yet another exaggerated plan form in his head. Even Great Red would have been a little proud of him for being able to made plans off the top of his head.

'Nothing on Earth! But what about in the Underworld?'

"...Phoenix Tears!"

The Phenex Clan! Of course! Why oh why did it take him this long to think of a plan?! The Phoenix Tears could help revitalize Amaterasu and the others, and in doing so could regenerate the Sun. Excellent! It was the perfect plan! He just needed someone to get them!