Chapter 58

Within the seals of the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi

[Issssssei!]

The Yamata-no-Orochi hissed in sadness at the lack of Issei's presence. She hated being separated from her home; the subconscious of her and Ddraig's host. Neither she nor Ddraig could sense Issei, and that fact alone made it hard for her to suppress her distressed hissing.

Ddraig; while more calm than what the Yamata-no-Orochi was currently displaying, floated in silence. While he too was worried about the whereabouts and well-being of his host, the Welsh Dragon kept his cool.

I think I have an idea.

The Welsh Dragon's emerald eyes narrowed in thought at his host's words.

Just hear me out! Look at the size, Ddraig. It's about the size of Albion's jewel. And it carries Grendel's energy. So if I manifested the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi into its armor form, I can-

Cutting off his train of memory for the moment, Ddraig looked back over to the Yamata-no-Orochi.

{Fusing the power of an Evil Dragon with an Heavenly Dragon.}

His emerald eyes narrowed even further, his thoughts mixed from Issei's idea.

{It worked with the power of the Yamata-no-Orochi. So...could it work with the piece of Grendel's soul? The result makes me doubtful.}

In annoyance, Ddraig sighed again. With Issei gone, there was no point in testing the theory.

At the moment, it was now up to Vali to deal with Amenominakanushi. While he had grown to respect Albion and his host, Ddraig was slightly worried about what could happen.

Amenominakanushi had succeeded in fusing his essence and power with Samael. Ddraig's eyes narrowed at the thought of the Dragon Eater. The decision to transfer the clone of the Vanishing Dragon back to Vali, was conjured up by both Ddraig and the clone.

To Ddraig's surprise, the clone didn't seem too bothered at the idea of his energy being transported to his original incarnation.

{Amenominakanushi's power has exponentially increased from his fusion with Samael, so we had no choice but to give Albion the portion of his soul back to him.}

Ddraig's words caused the Yamata-no-Orochi to stop in her hissing and look over to him. Her golden reptilian eyes narrowed as she glared at him, prompting the Welsh Dragon to send her back a glare.

[Sssssilence, Welsssh Dragon!]

{Calm yourself, Yamata-no-Orochi! Don't think you're the only one who's worried about Issei! There's nothing we can do right now!}

The Orochi maintained her sharp glare at the Welsh Dragon, her golden orbs of sight glinting with anger and worry. Sensing the turmoil of emotions within the Yamata-no-Orochi, Ddraig grunted with a sigh.

{All we can do is wait for him to come back. It's up to Albion and his host until then.}

Maintaining her glare upon the Red Dragon Emperor, the Yamata-no-Orochi scowled and looked away. Gruffly sighing at his only company within the Kusanagi, Ddraig sent his gaze to another section of the sword he was sealed in.

{Hurry back, partner. Wherever you are.}

[Isssssei...]

Arena of the Underworld

Two explosive energies surrounded the ambiance of the Underworld, their vast auras coiling around their owners. The soul of the Vanishing Dragon's clone moved smoothly over to envelop Vali Lucifer, who remained where he was.