Chapter Part 25

Issei's Soul Room

The overwhelming scent of blood made Issei sick to his stomach. It made his stomach twist and churn, unable to settle itself. The smell wasn't the only thing that bothered him. Every so often, blood would rise up in his throat, forcing him to either swallow or spit it out.

The young man didn't even have the energy to scream out in pain. He was breathing heavily, as though his air was being taken away. His only consolation was that the poisonous voice was gone. However, Issei was once again unsettled by the fact that he couldn't contact Ddraig, the Yamata-no-Orochi, or even Albion's clone. He couldn't hear their replies. If they had even replied back in the first place.

Taking another deep breath, Issei struggled to get up, lifting himself up with his hands. As soon as he got up however, his eyes constricted, and he fell with a thud.

"?!"

He grunted as he slammed onto the ground, and he covered his mouth, feeling the copper taste rising up in his throat. The young man looked down, and he instantly regretted it, spotting the pool of blood he was almost submerged in. The puddles came from the blood flowing from his back, and the blood from his own mouth.

Eyes twitching in pain, Issei closed his eyes and swallowed the blood back into his throat, almost growing sick from the amount of the crimson liquid. He felt constant pain, the agony becoming more pronounced the longer blood spewed out. From getting stabbed by Ddraig, to battling with Susanoo, and his final battle with Yoru, those were nothing compared to how he was feeling now.

Aside from the pain and overflowing blood, there were times when Issei thought he could hear the voice whispering out to him, sending him mental images. Some depictions involved mostly of Leiko. There were instances where Leiko shouted at him, proclaiming her hatred for him. After those, there were several scenes of Leiko's death, ranging from minor to true gore.

But the voice didn't stop there. Not only did it constantly show depictions of Leiko, but it also sent mental images involving Ophis, Great Red. There were scenes in which the Apocalypse Dragon and the Ouroboros Dragon were being harmed by Samael's needle.

Taking another deep breath, Issei sat still, fearing the slightest movement would cause him to throw the blood up again. He felt pain. Constant pain.

He felt so...

Broken.

"...No."

The young man gulped down another mouthful of blood, and began to stand up, his knees wobbling from the strain.

What the hell do you think you're doing?

Damn. It was that voice again.

"...Be quiet." Issei muttered out before gaining his balance.

Oh, you're standing up are you? Well, don't bother. Your 'family' doesn't care about you. Leiko, Ophis, Great Red, the Trihexa, and Amaterasu couldn't care less. And your supposed best friend, Saji? He's part of the Devils, the very species who wronged you since your first encounter with the supernatural.

"..." Issei stood up straight, keeping his mouth shut.

What's the matter? Run out of words already? No more words to say?

Issei took another breath, trying to block out the smell of blood.

You really think you can escape from here, can you? You're wasting your time!

The young man clenched his fists, more blood seeping out from his hands. Gritting his teeth from the pain, Issei looked through the crimson pool of darkness, and narrowed his eyes.