Chapter 14

Issei's Inner World/Subconscious

"Red Dragon Emperor. I'm sure you are aware why Amaterasu created Issei in the first place?"

{Of course I am. I've known the reason since her son was born. Why do you ask?}

The new manifestation of Issei's powers closed his eyes.

"...You'll know in time."

Ddraig widened his green eyes at the manifestation's cryptic answer.

{In time?}

At the Underworld

The crowd of Devils and Fallen Angels remained in their spots as they looked at the destruction between the former battle. Some of Devils had attended to the malls, making sure to reanimate them to their normal appearance.

As he watched the Devils, Issei looked around the arena in curiosity. Initially, he was planning on resting after the 20 day regimen of Tannin's training. But the explosion that occurred in the Underworld was what drove him to arrive at the Rating Game.

'I already contacted Ophis and Great Red about Shalba, so they should be busy interrogating. But I'm still wondering what happened here. And why it happened here in the first place.'

He looked over to see Rias and Sona talking with their respective peerages. He cocked his head to the side when he noticed a couple of unfamiliar people in their peerages as well.

'Did they add people to their peerages or something?' Issei wondered.

"It's been a long time, Issei Hyoudou. You even look different."

At the call of his name, Issei turned around to see a familiar Devil.

"Vali."

The host of Albion, the Vanishing Dragon, had his hands in his pockets, looking at Issei with a bored expression. The two rivals hadn't seen each other in a long time. The last time they saw each other was during the three-way battle between Issei, Vali, and Great Red.

"Ooooh, Vali! Who is this cutie?"

Raising an eyebrow, Vali looked behind him to see a young woman with black hair styled with split bangs, and hazel eyes with cat-like pupils. She was dressed in a black kimono and a yellow obi. The girl also seemed to have a perpetual teasing expression on her face.

Vali rolled his eyes, but nonetheless, introduced Issei to the girl.

"Issei Hyoudou. This is Kuroka, a Nekomata."

'A Nekomata? So is she similar to a cat?' Issei thought in curiosity.

"Hey Vali! Aren't you going to introduce the rest of us, too?!" A childish voice asked in eagerness.

Issei looked up to see three more people behind Kuroka. The first person was a bespectacled young man with blonde hair, dressed in a business suit. Next to him was a cute, middle-school age-looking girl, who wore a sorceress-like dress. The last person was a young man with short light-colored hair, and was dressed in ancient Chinese armor.

Sighing, Vali went to introduce his comrades to his rival.

"The man with the glasses is Arthur Pendragon. The girl next to him is his sister, Le Fay Pendragon, and the last one is Bikou."

The girl named Le Fay Pendragon smiled widely, and jumped up into the air.

"And together, we are the VALI TEAM!"

"...What she said." Vali said in an indifferent tone.

"Issei Hyoudou. Vali."

Issei and Vali turned to see Azazel with a calm look on his face. Vali nodded to the Fallen Angel in response. Issei however, noted the serious look on the Fallen Angel's face.