Chapter 18: Aquarium Date

I can't believe Jack invited Darius. I take a peek to backseat once or twice just to see what Darius doing. And whenever I peek, he looks at me and smiles.

Jack parks his car. We arrived at Legal Sea Foods in Long Wharf. I get out of the car. Jack and Darius already off the car, waiting for me. After I close the door, Jack beeps the car to lock it.

I walk behind Jack and Darius walks behind me. I look at my wristwatch, it's 12:08 pm. It's lunchtime. Jack is greeted by the waiter. He asks for 2 tables. One for Darius and I, and one for him and his lunch date. Usually we sit within 5 or 6 tables but because the restaurant is quite crowded we only get 1 table. We're lucky to get a table without reservation.

I sit next to Jack and Darius sits in front of me. He puts his thumbs as a support in his jaw as he leans on the table and smile while looking at me. I pretend not to see him by looking through the menu.

"Cute giraffe." He comments my dress.

"She's usually in great happy romantic mood, which never happened, if she's wearing a dress like that to a casual lunch like this." Jack replies him.

"Oohhh. I wonder why?" The smile in Darius' face become bigger.

"Shut up Baby Brandt." Jack rolls his eyes while still laughing. And Darius joins the laugh. "You too shut up lover boy." I can feel my cheeks warming.

The waiter patiently waits for us to order as Jack and Darius tease me.

"I'll have grilled rainbow trout, crispy calamari Rhode island style, and I'll have your best red wine." I close the menu book. "You two idiot, order your food now. I'm hungry." I look at Darius and Jack.

"Wine?" Darius raises his eyebrow.

"I need an alcohol if I have to deal with you today." I look away. Avoiding his eyes.

"Hmmm. I'll have fillet mignon and I guess I'll share the bottle of red wine with her." Darius smile to the waiter. "You should eat oysters, Jack." Darius laughs.

Jack laughs. "Good one, Smith. I'll just have the same with my sister. And I'll share the bottle too. Don't want you get drunk at noon Jenna." Jack gives the menu book to the waiter and still laughing.

Stunning girl waves her hand to Jack. She must be his date because she's walking to our table. She's pretty. Her auburn hair is long and beautiful. She has a nice face. I feel like I'm familiar with her.

"Hi, sorry I'm late." The girl kisses Jack's cheeks with her cheeks. Jack pulls out the chair for her. "Thanks, Jackson."

"It's okay. We just order the food. What do you want?" Jack waves his hand to call the waiter.

The waiter comes and write her order. "I'll have a lobster roll and water, please. Thank you." She has good manners. I like her. Not typical Jack's bimbo.

"Olivia, this is Jenna my sister, and this is Darius, her fiancé." I wave my hand and smile at her while Darius shakes her hand.

"Nice to meet you Darius. Long time no see, Jenna." She waves her hand too at me before she shakes Darius' hand.

"Do you know me?" I ask her curiously.

"Yeaahh. Jackson and Jeremy and I used to play together back when we were in high school."

It clicks at my head. "Ohhh yeah. You are Olivia Manson. Wow, you're tall now and very beautiful. Puberty did you right."

"Thanks, Jenna. You're stunning too. Cute dress and nice ring."

"Thank you." I play with my ring. "So sorry though Darius and I ruin your date."

"Oh, it's okay Jenna. The more the merrier. Besides, this is not a date. Jackson and I met a couple weeks ago. He asked me to have dinner but I can't. So we're having lunch instead to catch up." She smiles with her perfect white teeth.