Chapter 11: Jackson Brandt Grey

I stare at the ceiling. Thinking about the inevitable wedding in eight months. Everyone seems so happy about this wedding, beside the groom and bride-to-be of course. But, Dr. Bill always says that once a human have something on their mind, they can achieve that no matter how hard that is. So, there's still a chance for me to call off this wedding if I really put my mind on it. Yeay.

As my mind wanders for all possibilities to call off this wedding, I see Jack passing my bedroom.

"Jack?" I shout.

"Yes, Jenna?" He stops.

"What are you doing at home?"

"Have a day off."

"You look nice by the way. Any lonely girl called you for WooHoo?" I smirk.

"What do you want?" Jack leans on the door frame with his hand crossed in his chest.

"Can I come? I'm bored."

"Of course you're bored. You're just staring at the ceiling for half of day."

I throw my pillow at him. "Can I come? Who do you have lunch with?"

"Even if I tell you, you don't know her." I put my puss-in-boots face. Jack chuckles. "Fineee. Fifteen minutes, I'm gonna wait downstairs."

"Thank youuuuuu baby Brandt." I jump from my bed heading to the shower.

"Stop calling me that." Jack shouts as he walks downstairs. 

Fifteen minutes are more than enough for me to take a shower and prepare myself. I rarely put make-up on my face. Usually it's just for formal things like eating with Dad's business friends or party like yesterday or another formal occasions. And lucky me, I don't have to waste much time to style my hair. Since, I tag along with Jack for lunch with another "lucky" girl, I don't make much effort into my outfit. Simple red flannel and jeans will do the justice.

I take one last look at the mirror. Okay, here we go!

Jack and Jeremy are three years younger than Jason and I. I don't remember much about them being born because I myself still a toddler. But, when I was big enough I feel so happy to have them.

I don't know when Jack became such a player. But, I've seen girls in and out his rooms and never visit for the second time. I guess I too will fall for him if he's not my brother. He has a very good skill at communicating which he uses extensively for flirting and seducing girls. And he's quiet handsome with his tall figure and thick soft brown hair and blue eyes. Oh! And don't forget the Grey for his family name. Combined with his extrovert personality, girls are willingly throwing themselves at him.

Jack enjoys doing his thing at noon. He usually takes them to lunch like what he'll do right now then take them to do the thing. He says noon is the best time to hit and go. I smacked his head when he said that. According to him girls became needy if they slept together and woke up in the same bed. Something about getting hope about the relationship, he said. So, his rules are no night over together and glove before love. Just hit it and go and leave no trail including a baby in belly. God, what a man-whore.

We arrive at the Italian restaurant. I tag along with him to his lunch date quiet often. So, I know what I have to do. We part our way when entering the restaurant. I don't want to bother him and I bet he doesn't want me around him either to put a disgust face when he seduces the girl.

I sit a couple tables from him. Not close but not too far that I can still see him with his date. I can see the girl has light brown hair and a pretty face. He was right; I don't know her.

"I'll have fettuccine with Alfredo sauce and fried calamari please." I close the book menu while order the food to the waiter.

"And what do you want for the beverage miss ?"

"Just water, please. Thank you." I give the book menu to the waiter. "Oh, and triple sundae for dessert." I smile to him.

I watch my surrounding while wait for the food. And I take a peek at Jack's for a couple times. I like being alone but eating alone is weird and kind of sad. But, finally my foods have arrived. To reduce the awkwardness, I read news from my phone while eating. Dad must be furious if he knows that I eat while playing with my phone.

I see that my engagement already posted in media. Most of them say it'll be the wedding of the year like Jason's three years ago. They say it's a tradition for Grey family member to have an arranged marriage. Much news about Dad's and Jason's relationship. There's also news about the Smiths.

To be completely honest, I don't know why media loves picking up about my family. None of us are celebrities. We just happened to have successful businesses that lasts from generation through generation. My family is not that interesting to be plastered all over media. We all are just workaholics who can't differentiate and separate family and business.

I continue scrolling the news until I see a headline that nearly make me choke my shrimp to death. Waiters approach me asking if I'm okay and while I'm coughing, I can feel other restaurant visitor's eyes on me. Jack runs to me and pats my back to ease the pain in my throat. After two glasses of water, my throat felt normal. I nod my head to other visitor to apologize for causing a scene.

"Are you okay, sis?"

I nod to Jack while drinking my water. I wipe a few of tears that hanging in my eyes with a tissue. He's still staring at me, making sure I'm really fine.

"I'm fine, really. I just read the news, and it startled me." I wave my phone.

"See, that's why Dad forbids us to play phone while eating."

I roll my eyes. "I'm okay Jack. Go back to your date." I push his left arm softly.

"I feel like an asshole if I leave you."

I cup his cheek. "Jackson Brandt Grey, you can be an asshole to any girls in the world but, you're still my sweet baby Brandt." He smiles shyly.

"Stop calling me that." He still smiles shyly. "Okay be careful. I'm gonna hit that thing-" He shakes his head and laughs. "That girl I mean." Jack kisses my head before leave. "Bye, chocolate head. Take care."

Jack's waving his hand to me before leaving the restaurant. And here I am still sitting alone. I call my other siblings to pick me up but none of them can. Dad's still in meeting and Anna's still in the meeting to with the older socialite club. 

I can call Alex. But, I'm not sure if I should. Not after I saw the headline and the news about Alex and I that made me nearly choke to death.

With much of hesitant, I call one person on earth that I really don't want to meet. Not after yesterday, much more after that kiss.

"Hi, Darius. It's me Jenna." I say as soon as he answers my call. "I'm at Luigi's. Can you pick me up?"

I hear a heavy sigh from the other side. But, at last he agrees to pick me up.

When the call ended. I open my camera app and switch it to selfie mode. I don't know why but I start to tidying up my hair and make an effort to look pretty.

 I don't know why but I start to tidying up my hair and make an effort to look pretty