Chapter 14: First Day

There's a pile of clothes in my bed right now. I can't decide what to wear for my first day at work. Everything seems absurd and unmatched. I can't wear a t-shirt. Dad will lecture me non-stop about appropriate outfit.

I've been out of the bathroom from thirty minutes ago and I still in my bathrobe. I really can't choose a single outfit to wear. And it's been a week since I met Darius. I want to look nice. Not that I care or he cares. I just want to look good for my first day.

"Annaaaaaaaaaa." I shout at the top of my lungs from my bedroom door. I'm sure Anna can defuse this wardrobe crisis situation.

I can hear Anna running to my room. "What Jenna? What's wrong?" There's worry in her face.

"I need your help. I can't choose any clothes for work."

"Oh my God, child! You scared me. I thought something happened to you." She catches her breath from running upstairs and slowly strokes her chest to ease the heartbeat.

"Sorry." I feel awful. "I just really need your help. I can't figure out what to wear."

"Yes, I can help you with that." Anna says as she enters my bedroom.

---

I decide to drive myself today to the office. I got a boost of confident from my formal casual outfit Anna chose for me. She really knows how to dress me. She chose a plain white v-neck shirt combined with a pink cardigan, because I can't leave without my long sleeves. And black straight cropped pants that matches my shoes and bag.

The traffic was surprisingly nice. I thought I'm going to be late to work because of the clothes crisis but I arrived just fifteen minutes before the work hours which is 9 am.

Since I don't know where my work-space is, I'm heading to Jason's office in 14th floor. Dad's office is in 15th floor. The highest floor in this building. Jason's already in his office. Busy with paper works with a cup of coffee in his hand. He's such a good son. I don't know if Dad's already in office or not but he already left home when I'm out of my bedroom. And I don't see Jack or Jeremy either before I left home.

"Hi, Carus." I smile. Jason rolls his eyes.

"Told you to stop calling me that."

"I see you're busy. Where's my office? My work-space?" I'm really enthusiast to have my first day.

Jason's face changes. "Uhhh. I forgot to tell you."

"Forgot what?"

"You're working from Smith Co. not here. I'm sorry, Jenna."

"REALLY JASON?" I raise my voice. Thank God this floor hasn't crowded yet.

"Sorry. Sorry. I'm really sorry. I'll pick you up at lunch to make it up to you?" I can see a guilt in Jason's face. I still keep quiet. Just staring, giving him a death glare. "So, truce?" He grins. Stupid.

"Pick me at up 12. Don't be late or I swear to God I'll TP your home."

"What are we, twelve?" Jason shouts while I walk out. I can hear his laugh.

I was running in heels heading to the parking lot in the basement like an idiot. Smith Co. building is nine miles from Dad's office. And it's already 8.58. I'm not gonna make it on time. Ughhh, stupid Jason.

And I finally arrived in Smith co. at 9.16. I broke my promise to Dad to not speeding while driving. Sorry, Dad. But, it's my first day.

I walk in a hurry to receptionist and ask for Mr. Smith's floor. The building isn't big as ours. But, it's quite nice and comfortable and clean. Benjamin's room is in 9th floor. I thank the receptionist and walk to the elevator. When I'm about to press the up button, someone precedes me. I know who he is. I recognize his cologne. It's Darius.