Chapter 7: Darius Smith

"You???" I hold myself. Really really hold myself for not screaming or beat this rude guy to death. Jason taught me boxing. He taught me well about all lethal movement for each body parts of the opponent. This rude guy is tall and handsome and has a great biceps- Earth to Jenna. Sure, I can beat him down. "What are you doing in here???" I try to let out my serious voice but my voice came out as a high-pitched hamster annoying voice instead.

"Is that really how you welcome your soon-to-be fiancé?" He winks his left eye at me. What a little shit.

"Do you know him, Jenna?" Alex has a cute face when he's confused.

"No, I don't know him. Do you know him? Wait. Did he call your name? Is he Darius the youngest ?"

"Wow, I don't know that I already have a nickname." This stupid monkey smiles. Big handsome smile. "Darius the youngest." He says that with an emphasis. "I like that, sweetheart." He winks his left eye again.

"Something on your eyes?" I cross my arms.

"Yes. You," he smirks.

His face gives enough information that he indeed flirt with me on purpose.

I roll my eyes at him. I don't get it though why I immediately react about everything he did. I just met him like what five six minutes? And he's already getting into my skin.

Keep your cool, Jenna. Keep cool. Breathe.

"You are one of that people." I use the same mock tone as he did yesterday.

"What people?"

"The one that society call asshole." I get up from my seat. As soon as I get up, Darius grabs my right hand. Again. What is wrong with this guy? "Can you-"

"What happened to your hand, sweetheart?" He looks thoroughly at my right hand, the one that bleed because of yesterday tantrum.

"None of your business." I pull my hand and storm off.

---

I don't remember how I got to Dr. Bill. Jason and Sarah gave me a ride to Dr. Bill. Dad was golfing with Mr. Smith and Anna was having ladies chit-chat with Mrs. Smith. It's okay though. We all have a duty and responsibility. Those are their duties. And getting better and talking to Dr. Bill is my responsibility.

"Um, Jenna. I can't stay. Sarah is tired. You know it's getting harder for her." I can see Jason doesn't want to leave me. But, like I say. We all have a duty and responsibility.

"Yeah okay. You go home. Don't let Sarah tired herself. I'll call Jack or Jeremy to pick me up."

"Sorry Jenna." Sarah hugs me.

"Take a rest mamma bear. Text me when you home." I wave my hand when they take off.

The session with Dr. Bill really helps me. I've been absent for 2 months. I didn't think it was a big deal because I was feeling better. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dr. Bill's been my doctor for 10 years. I remember first time I met him. I was a mess, a literally mess. He really helped me back there. Through all difficulties.

He is surprised when I told him about the lady in the mirror. Because we both thought that lady won't come back to bite me in my ass. He gives me new pill, Venlafaxine. Well, it's not new, I've used it a long time ago but stop it when the hallucination has completely gone. And now with the lady in the mirror is back and the devil whispers are back too, it'll be much safer if I take that pill again.

Dr. Bill schedules another session next week. He wants me to take a note about when the hallucination occurs. He told me I should be careful because there's a chance that the nightmare may follow. To be safe, he increased the doses of my sleeping pill. I thank him before opening the door.

When I open the door, I see Darius sits in the waiting room outside the practice room, head rested on his palm like he's thinking something heavy. What is he doing in here?

He looks up when I close the door and get up from his seat.

"You've done?" He approaches me. "Let's go." He takes my right hand.

"Let go my hand." I struggle to loosen my hand but he won't let go. "What are you doing in here, anyway?"

"Your Dad asked me to pick you up. He said it might be a good chance to get to know each other better. Come on. I'm hungry." Darius still holds my hands and leads the way. I feel something funny in my chest.

"Wait, I need to go to the pharmacy." I dangle the prescription paper in front of his face.

Before I can put down my free hand with the prescription on my grip, Darius snatches my prescription and reads it.

"Pharmacy that way."

He still holds my hand and leads the way to the pharmacy. Darius points at the empty chair. I was going to protest and take back my prescription but he glares at me. I give in and sit. He walks to the pharmacy counter and talking with the pharmacist then gives her the prescription.

His eyes and his hair are darker than the last time we met in hospital. Look closer, he has same eyes as his brother. Same posture. Same hair but different hair style. And handsome too, probably more handsome. Except he smells different. I smell a sweet-masculine cologne mixed with a cigarette. He's definitely a smoker.

"How's your session?"

I turn my head to see Darius already sits next to me. As strange as it is, I feel quite comfortable around him. I sense trouble but not a danger. Feels like I can and should trust him. But again, eyes can deceive us.

"I'm crazy. Are you not afraid of me?"

"Should I?"

I shrug, "perhaps."

He takes my hand and stares at my scarred knuckles, "if someday I ever get your trust, you can tell me the whole story behind all those medicines in that prescription. I won't run, I promise."

Before I can give him pieces of my mind about his sudden change of behavior, the pharmacist calls my name. Darius smiles at me before gets up and takes my medicine. I see him take out his wallet and paying for my medicine.

I get up from my seat. He holds my right hand again and leads the way to the parking lot. Darius beeps his car. It's Jeep Wrangler. Big car. I don't feel comfortable riding a car with a stranger. I don't even take a cab anymore and don't have a driver. It's either I drive or my family drive for me.

"Jenna, come on. I don't bite." Darius recognizes my doubtful face. "Your father trusts me enough to pick you up. If you don't trust me, at least trust your father's judgment." Well, that makes sense.

I climb on to his car. With my petite body is kind of hard to get inside this big car. Darius is smiling when he sees me finally sit and buckle myself. It's more like a victory smile.

"It's not that hard. Isn't it? We haven't had a proper introduction. Hi, I'm Darius Smith."