Chapter 13: Spoiled Brat

I was watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent on my DVD when Jack and Jeremy enter my room. They were bringing ice cream, and we ended up binge-watching while eating ice cream for half of day. But, the fun must be ended when Anna came and told us that Dad expecting three of us in the office.

So, here we are, the three of us in the meeting room. Dad and Jason step inside to the room. Dad sits immediately in his usual chair while unbuttoning his jacket. And Jason sit at Dad's right side.

As an eldest son, Jason is now under Dad's wing. Groomed to be the next CEO. Working hard to be the best and get an approval from Dad. While I, his twin sister, slack my way at home every day. Well, it's not my fault to be honest. They all keep treating me like I'm a fragile vase which can be broken just by one simple touch.

Jeremy does help in office too. He is part of the legal team. His job is to make sure the land acquisition and building permits are on track and on time. Jack uses his charm and talent in sales and marketing team. He has a gift to talk to people and women, so Dad waste no time by putting him in sales and marketing team.

I really want to use my delayed degree for good in this company. But, Dad always changed the subject whenever I told him I want to work. Jason sometimes brought me cases from the office and asked for my help. I know he can do it by himself, but he always made sure I'm included in the company.

Given the birthright, I should be there, sitting next to my Dad and hold the crowned princess title. Jason works really hard to show Dad he is capable of handling the company and business because he still feels he doesn't deserve it. We all knew I should be the next CEO, if it wasn't for that. But, Jason deserves it. He deserves to lead the company, not only because he is skilled enough or smart enough, but because he has a good heart and work harder than everyone. I know our family and business in good hands. I trust him and I will always support him in every way.

"Jack, Jeremy." Dad's fatherly deep voice fills the room. Jack and Jeremy correct their position from slouching to sit up straight. "Why are you both not in the office today?" If only looks could kill, Dad's look would send my little brothers straight to the grave.

"Ehm. Umm. We-" Jack's words stuck in his throat.

"I think I've made myself clear that just because you're my children you can't act all you want."

Those J-boys look down and keep their mouth shout. I look at my Dad with absolutely no idea why I was called to the office.

"You both promised to me that you will do the best and will try hard to earn the position and my respect." Dad takes off his glasses.

"Dad, I think it's okay for Jack and Jeremy to take a day off. They were home with Jenna. So, we just need to take their day off from their leave." Jason intercedes as the meeting room become too quiet.

"You're lucky to have Jason defending both of you. I wasn't raised to be spoiled brat by your grandpa and I wasn't planning to spoil each one of you." Dad's looking at my direction. "Now, you both," he points Jack and Jeremy, "go back to work. We have a big project."

Jack and Jeremy get up from their seat. As soon as they leave the room, they run and whispering to each other. They always have this habit to make a cute twins alliance when Dad yells at one of them or both of them. I laugh a little when I see they start running.

"And you." Dad looks at me. His eyes so sharp that I believe it can cut my hair. I stop my laugh immediately.

"What me?" I raise my eyebrows and give him the same unamused look.

"Why you let your brothers slacking off with you?"

"Huh?" I swear I can see Jason chuckles behind that notebook in his face.