Always

(This is my ending chapter.)

|
~"Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings- da da da da da da da da da dee."

Annette hummed softly, pulling the blanket she'd had knitted for Alice around her, tucking her in. She smiled sadly down at her little bundle under the covers, cheeks rosy and little nose sniffling with the flu. She nuzzled the girls favorite teddy bear into her sleepy arms and gave her a kiss on top of her warming head.

In that moment, Annette realized how big her little girl was growing. She made a promise right then. She'd protect her. She'd see the day she got married, the day she held her very own little girl in her arms, the day that everything worked out of her.
"Brown paper packages tied up with strings-"

Alice sniffled and shut her eyes slowly, remembering her mother's warm, caring face, "These are a few of my favorite things."~
|

"If you insist."

The hand Alice had been expecting to wrap around her throat and choke the life out of her never came. However, she became very aware of the taller blonde's fist as the heel of it came into contact with her cheekbone. Her head barley fell back at all as she had become accustomed to the physical abuse as well as the mental. She watched her brother shake out his fist before curling his fingers and striking her again.

Though she was used to the abuse, that didn't stop the tears from rolling out of her eyes and fat bursts. Draco rolled his eyes like he had forgotten how excruciatingly annoying it was to deal with half of the girl's emotions.
"If you're going to cry, at least stop blubbering about it." Draco spike sharply, grabbing a fist of her long yellow locks and wrenching it to the side.

Alice shut her eyes tight as if doing so would block her from anymore pain. Unfortunately, she was wrong; as closing one's eyes didn't stop one from listening."

"It's not like anyone would even miss her would they?" Sunny mumbled, taking a step back to admire his damage.

Draco made a contemplative sound and let go of her hair. "No ones' coming to mind."

Alice shook her head and tore at her shreds of reality. Rain drops on ross, rain drops on roses, rain drops on roses.

|
~"Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings- da da da da da da da da da dee."

Annette hummed softly, admiring the way the colorless leaves fluttered in the wind through the window. She stood lightly at her post, washing the dishes for their family lunch. It was getting so late she couldn't imagine what was taking Anthony and Sunny so long. She smiled at the warmth of her child's hands at her calve, keeping her company while she scrubbed another plate.

"Brown paper packages tied up in string-"

Her shining brown eyes noticed something far away. Her son holding himself, running for their cottage, clothes stained with blood.

Alice hummed softly, still playing with the hem of her mother's long skirt, "These are a few of my favorite things."~
|

Draco couldn't even scream anymore. What good it would have done him was beyond him anyways. Unfortunately, Sunny didn't seem to grasp that little detail as he pounded relentlessly on the one-way mirror. Leaving Draco to nothing but the screaming pleading mess of sobs seated next to him.