sneaky sneaky

"Are you kidding me, Alice-ter?" Angela hissed.

Alice steadily placed her leg so she sat down without bumping the girl next to her.

She sighed and looked up
"What?"

Angela scoffed, "You sneak out before breakfast, and leave me nothing but an extra shady note? Don't even talk to me."

Alice smiled "I didn't want to wake you" she said, absentmindedly picking at her eggs. " And it wasn't shady."

"You were pretty vague, Alice."

"You told Devon?" She whined, noticing Draco walking in. He thought it better if they didn't walk in late for breakfast side by side.

"I didn't tell him anything." Angela griped, pulling a folded piece of paper out of her pocket.

"'Angela, I'm leaving early, don't worry or look for me-'"

Alice snatched it away from her.

"What were you doing anyway?"

Alice shivered as she felt somebody tuck a loose curl behind her ear. Somebody's fingers tracing her face down to her lips.

She turned around.
Draco smirked down at her as he sat at his house's table.

She bit her lip and looked up.
Devon stared, mouth agape. His fork carrying cantaloupe hovering mid air.

She turned to Angela who squinted at her through her chocolatey eyes.

Alice looked at her plate; even her bear faced pancake looked alarmed.

"Isn't it a little early for that? Early in the relationship, not early in the morning- though I have just lost my appetite-"

"Shut up, Devon"

"No, I mean all you've done is talked, you haven't even see each other since last night- don't you think you're moving a little-"

The girls stared at him.

Devon dropped his hands "Oh."

"I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up over this, this is cute, right? I finally have a guy that I really like."

"That's not the problem," Angela exclaimed, " Inter-house relationships just spell trouble for everybody."

"So what are you supposing? You've been in relationships with other houses!"

"But never a Slytherin!"

"What are you saying? Slytherins' aren't good enough for us? They're still people! We aren't even different!"

"It's just the way it looks for us," Devon soothed,
"Hufflepuffs and Slytherins just don't go out together."

"Why do I feel like you're all about to jump up on the tables and preform a musical number?" Alice put her head in her hands. She peaked through her fingers, catching their blank stares.
"You know, 'Stick to the stays quo!'" she sang.

They gazed, blinking. She sighed, exasperated "High school musical- you know what, I'm so done with nobody catching my bomb ass quotes."