bottom line

(Graphic depiction of gore/death)

If there was a time, long ago that Alice had not wanted to return home more, it was because of this moment. Tears stung her eyes as years of pain hit her chest and core. She could hardly stand by herself, thankful Draco was carrying her back to the house, running as it had began to pour heavily. All the pieces, Sunny's accusations and trauma had fallen right into a shattering, perfect picture. Bottom line: Anthony Chandler was dead and Lucius Malfoy was to blame.

Draco still wondered how Sunny had managed to put so together before him but not enough to confront him about it. How he wished he'd never learned another of his father's dark secrets. He only hoped the situation wouldn't escalate any further-

As he opened the door he immediately noticed Sunny's grave glare growing colder as his eyes fixed on him. Mrs. Chandler's shoulders were shaking quickly supported only by one of Sunny's hands. By the looks of it, Sunny had told her everything.

Draco swallowed as he set Alice on the couch. He was guiltily approaching Sunny and his grieving mother when Elizabeth tugged at his pant leg.
"Why is mommy crying?" The girl looked close to tears herself "No one will tell me what's going on" She sniffed.

Draco bit his lip and kneeled beside her "Why don't we get you to bed hm?" He started softly, "It must be past your bed time."

Elizabeth nodded, holding out her arms for him to pick her up. Draco did so, holding her against his chest, "Not a think is wrong in the world, my dear, not a thing."

"Then why is everyone so sad?"

"Who can say really.." Draco swallowed and found her room, laying her on the bed and pulling the covers over her, "Sometimes life get that way doesn't it?"

Elizabeth nodded slowly, yawning. "But it will get better, won't it Dwaco?"

Draco smiled weakly, thinking of what Alice would say, "You're a smart girl Lizzy. Life always gets better."

The girl smiled softly, nodding and falling asleep. Draco lit a lantern just in case she feared the dark and closed the door softly.

"Mrs. Chandler, please, let me-"
She held a palm up to stop him.
Sunny glared relentlessly but to Draco's surprise sighed "It wasn't him.. Just the little bastard's family, he had no idea, mama.."

Draco swallowed and sat across from her "I swear it, I had no idea until yesterday, I revived a letter from my father, I- I can let you see it if you'd-"

"See it?" She gasped between sobs "I can barley stand the very sight of you!"

"Mama!" Alice cried, coming up behind Draco. "You know rightly he had no part in this!"

Draco stared at the table and swallowed the harsh lump inside of his throat.

"Give me the note, Malfoy." Sunny said coldly, holding out his hand.

Draco moved with shaky motions into his coat pocket and unfolded the parchment.

Sunny snatched it from him and read it over, tears welling in his brilliant blue eyes.
*Sunny's Flashback*
"Dad, what's happening? Where are we going." Sunny yelped as he was dragged through the crowd by his elbow.

His father turned around frantically every few seconds, winding them some way unfamiliar to him. The night air was cold and unfriendly, they were miles from the city and had been on their way home when Mr. Chandler had noticed a group of men waiting for them outside a church building.