a little advice from a friend

It'd been a week since Alice decided she and Draco could never work out. A week since she decided she needed to get over him, that he wasn't worth the effort or the tears.
Although she was still working on how.

Her mood had brightened some. She hardly smiled or laughed despite Devon and Angela's endless jokes and exempts; but she was eating and sleeping a bit.

Draco wasn't as lucky. He had no idea how just a short time with someone could affect his life so drastically but he was sure it had something to do with the affection he had towards her.

Everyone was out of the common room; they'd all gone to watch the quidditch match. Everyone was ecstatic about the game, it was Slytherin vs Griffindor after all. Draco couldn't care less however, it seemed silly to get worked up over a meaningless sport anyway.

It became apparent to him how much of his life seemed so useless. How different his life could have been if he wasn't such a spineless idiot.

He groaned pulling himself off the couch. He was parched. Sitting alone staring at the wall for hours had really taken a lot out of him.

He entered the hallway in search of the water fountain as a tall dark figure pulled him aside. He'd barely noticed until he finally looked up that it was Snape.

"Professor." He sighed in a gravely voice.

Snape glared down at him, smacking the back of his head.

Draco rubbed it, looking confused

He scoffed "You stupid boy."

Draco ducked, dodging another blow.

Snape pulled him by the collar "How painfully idiotic can you be?"
He dodged again, turning the other way this time. He was getting really sick of that.

"Professor, if all you're interested in is hitting me-"

"Do you have any idea what you've done?"

"I've done a lot of things." he rolled his eyes

Snape pointed a long finger at him "Watch your tone."

He sighed. "What have I done."

"Draco Malfoy. I will not tolerate or encourage the action as you have so effortlessly proceeded in."

"Which actions?"

"The actions involving Miss Chandler."

Draco stared at him sadly "Yeah, well I wouldn't worry about her anymore-"

"I will continue to worry about whoever I choose. I watch over those who I deem need my help. Especially when those I deem are only interested in tarnishing themselves."

Draco had absolutely no idea what he was trying to say.

Snape groaned rubbing his eyes.
"Draco Malfoy. A woman, is like a flower, she needs to be treated well and watered and moved into the sun"

Now Draco was really lost.
"Sir, no offense but what the bloody hell are you talking about."

Snape grabbed his ear and wrenched his head towards him, " Its come to my attention that you have recently been a complete ignorant moron."

He rubbed his ear looking offended "Moron?"

Snape sighed "It fills me with grief when you act so thickly."
He stared at Draco giving him a last chance to understand.

"I'm confused."

"Obviously."

Draco was getting tired of this "Is this about the closet incident because I tell you the truth, I don't think that will be a problem any-"