family matters.

As the days continued to grow shorter the castle was alive with a sudden buzz of Christmas energy. Almost everyone had already decided whether they were traveling home or staying at the school for the holiday.
   Alice however groaned in frustration as the clipboard gaining their information was passed down durning class.

"Just go home for the day, it'll be nice to see your family." Draco said leaning into her space.

Alice sighed. She sat debating in muggle studies with the Hufflepuff and Slytherins. She hadn't any idea how the school could think that combination would somehow create peaceful discussion and harmony, but she had actually had begun to enjoy it since Draco started sitting next to her. The situation seemed tense at first but once the others got ahold of the idea, the outbursts dropped significantly. Now and again someone would make an offhanded remark which would result in either Alice or Draco snogging the other for a good reaction. No one seemed so quick to say anything anymore.

Alice groaned again closing her textbook. "Why aren't you going home then?"

Draco shrugged.

She thought for a moment before her eyes lit up with excitement "I could go with you! We could catch the train out and then go spend Christmas with them!"

Alice noticed a look in his eyes.

"You're not.." she paused staring at him. Her smile faded and her eyes turned to slits, accentuated by her eyeliner
He lifted his eyes before darting them back down.

"I don't believe it." Alice scoffed "You're embarrassed of me."

"I am not embar- Alice," he pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes tightly "It's just, if my father knew-"

"Your parents don't know about us?"

"No, of course they know of us, they're just not aware that you're-"
He paused, staring at her.

Alice stared back, leaning closer to him; daring him.

Draco glared before groaning. He rested his chin on his desk. "You know what I mean."

"Well I guess if should if you're embarrassed by it-"

"I don't care anymore Alice! That isn't the problem-!" Ms Burbage shushed him resulting in him lowering his voice.

Alice cheeks colored at his sudden reaction. She tried not to focus on the people who had just turned around.

"I don't even care what my parents think," he continued, quieter this time.
" they just think that you're this perfect, pure blood, Slytherin girl who's family is powerful in the wizard world and you're not-" he paused suddenly staring up at her, he sighed and took her hand.
"You're not that." He poked her squishy cheek. " You're Alice Chandler. Not a pure blood but still perfect. Not a Slytherin but by chance, a simple lived Hufflepuff girl who isn't rich but still content." He snuggled her body against his, resting his chin on his shoulder . "The girl I fell in love with."

She pouted her lip but rested her chin on his shoulder.

"I don't even want to see my parents."

It occurred to her that not everybody actually liked their family.
The same light as before seemed to fill her baby blue eyes.

"Then we'll go to my house! You can come to the real world- I can show you so much music!" She gazed up at him far too excited.

Draco sighed for a long time.
He couldn't disappoint her twice.

«»»»»»»»»»»»»«
A few days before the students were released from school, Alice and Draco strolled hand in hand through the courtyard.