The perfect son

-Earlier-
Draco sneered into the letter as he pried it from the owl's talons, not caring of the shreds he'd left behind. He fumed silently as the parchment sprang to life, a dark puff of smaller and then the reviling of a miniature version of his father.

He'd never wanted to squash something more.
A hologram, yes, but he was sure it'd still make the point.

"What is it now." Draco glared defiantly, like he'd rather be typing the figure up and kicking him down the floor vent, (which wasn't too far off). The small illusion hardly lost any coldness, compensating for the size, Lucious packed just as much venom as he did in real life.

"I take it you did as I asked?"

Of course he did. Draco always did as he asked. Blind faith was funny like that. Though Draco was aware of how his father used people. How he twisted their thoughts to bid his own personal motives. He knew too well because not only had he said nothing, he played the perfect little Malfoy boy. Why? His father's approval meant everything. Blind faith, even though he knew the consequences, the casualties- Alice...
He wondered now if his repetitive motives now bordered on insanity.

"Yes." Draco growled as he tried to not grit his teeth. "I broke up with her. Just like you told me."

"I'm glad to hear that. Don't give me that look Draco." Tears we're already falling down his cheeks, dropping to the floor. He sucked in a breath and held it there as he regained eye contact, "get ahold of yourself. You'll forget her in a week."

"You don't." Draco took a second to think but then decided to say it anyway. "Know anything father. You could never." Draco's voice cracked and Lucious rolled his eyes.
"You've always been so spineless. Did you break her? Tell me at least you're good for that."

Draco swallowed and looked away feeling his eyes swoll heavier

Truth be told he hadn't spoken to Alice since the night he'd left their house. He figured the slow stretch of silence might do them both better but in the end, he should have known his father would never be satisfied with that.

"Next time she sees me, I'll be sure to do just that."
-Later-
Draco has heard about the date of course. The small school rarely dwindled on one matter for too long but this seemed to be the exception. Because it was Harry Potter! Oh everyone just loves Harry Potter so much! Oh!
Draco sniffled again as he rubbed his sleeve across his eyes. He was already out past curfew. He needed the walk alone. After the interaction with his father he needed the fresh air without any distractions. He was in the middle of wondering if using a forgetting spell would get him expelled or not when he heard muffled footsteps on the staircase.

Draco physically recoiled. Just his luck. Harry Potter arm and arm with his Alice. Though.. It didn't quite look like his Alice.
Her blonde curls were still bouncing but there was no joy in her step. Draco wondered why she looked so worn out before his sense got ahold of him. He needed to get out of there- now.

Before he had to follow his father's orders

Before he had to lie to the girl that he loved

Before he had to break her into a million pieces

Before-

"Draco-"

Too late.

-Now-
Draco gasped repeatedly as he stared towards his bloody mess of a hand.

So did I.

"Draco." Lucious answered the summon with calculated alacrity. "I'm sure that you-"

"Listen to me." Draco didn't recognize this side of him. "I don't give a damn what you say. I love Alice. More than you, more than our family name, more than whatever legacy you are trying to force me into- I don't care. I love her. More than you could even comprehend-" He would have kept going had his entries body just been taken over by an unwelcome sob that he was sure was audible from neighboring dorms.

Lucious stayed surprisingly collected and merely rolled his eyes, "I'm aware. You're weak, Draco, I knew you couldn't do it. But don't you worry, my son, I've taken care of it."

Draco paused as his stomach filled with cement. "What.. What do you mean."

"You're a gutless coward, I knew you'd be too soft to bring your little love the a half so I've taken matters into my own hands. Let's just say, I've taken control of it." Lucious's lips pulled to a tight smirk as his image evaporated into thin air.

Draco sat stunned for a moment.

Taken care of-?

No.

A few semi-safe maneuvers and he was sliding down the outside of his dorm wall, sprinting for the lake. "Alice!" He screamed and screamed until the name barley resembled and actual account. Draco stumbled upon a slightly dazed Harry, fallen beside a patch of grass still sparkling with green fire.

He knew far too well what had already happened.

"Where is she? What happened?" Draco screamed dry like he didn't already know.

Harry blinked before an anger set onto his face "Why don't you tell me? Things were going fine until-!"

"What happened." Draco and Harry we're close now. Chest to chest- barley capable of not ripping each other's heads clean off.

Harry fumed and looked back to the ring of green flames,
"They... They took her- I tried to help but.."

Draco turned swiftly and dipped to his knees, pulling roots of grass out and crushing them between his fingers. A low sob started in his chest and he debated if it would be less embarrassing to jump into the lake and drown in front of Harry potter than cry in front of him. Unfortunately he never got the chance to decide before he started screaming into the ground.

Harry was taken aback. Truth be told, he'd never seen Draco act like a person in general- so seeing him with so much human emotion startled him. "Draco.. What happened.."

"They took her.." Draco donned and covered his nose, "They have her- I know where she is- they're gonna- oh merlin." He cried

Harry was quiet. "What's going to happen to her?"

Draco shook his head. He couldn't say it. Not now. He needed to go get her.

"I.. I need to help her."

"Let me come."

"No.. I-.." Draco thought about it. From what he could remember.. In order to save Alice.. He needed all the people who knew her best.

Maybe he'd have felt bad about leaving Harry in a field by himself later but right now he didn't have a choice. Time was running out.

He racked his knuckles on the door, not caring about who heard or what would come of him.

"Draco?" Devon answered coldly, "Whatever could I do for-"

Draco wasted no time explaining in the same vagueness he did to Harry.

Draco was silent as he searched Devon and Angela's faces for emotion.

And because they were filled with the same light Alice was- is- they followed him.

Next was Sunny.

When he opened his door, hair tossed to the side from sleeping and Draco explained, Sunny already had him pinned against a wall

After a few violent threats and screaming, Angela firmly stated there'd be time to obliterate Draco after saving Alice. If they could..

And so, with a couple of suitcases and a reluctant Draco allowing Harry damned Potter to come along, they were off with a teleportation spell, maybe able to save the girl they all loved so dearly.