twins and textbooks

Perhaps Alice didn't think things all the way through.

The little situation at breakfast was all in good fun by itself but when she realized she had potions with Draco Malfoy first, she started to rethink her impulsive actions.

She rolled her eyes at herself.
'So what? you were just going to let him walk all over you? It's good for him."
She thought. She took pride that she had just enough bite and sass to carry her above her other classmates.

She rounded the corner in the empty hallway.

Oh well. She'd never could hold her tongue when the opportunity arose. Just like how she'd never been able to miss an opportunity to make others laugh, especially when the person deserved it.

She had to sneak in late, Angela had hurried her out the door so quickly she'd forgotten her potion book. She lifted the heavy door to the class room and it shut with a loud thud.

So much for sneaking.

The entire class spun their heads as Professor Snape turned around. He was definitely not amused.

"Miss Chandler." He spoke in a monotone voice

She dared lifting her pale his to his dark ones.
"Sir?"
"I do not tolerate tardiness in my classes."

She sat down between the Weasley twins.
"Sorry Sir, I had to run back to my dorm and grab my-"
Alice stared into her bag in disbelief.
She sighed and pulled out her history a magic textbook.
Someone in front of her snickered.

Snape stared mirthlessly.

"Ah that's alright professor, she can share with me."
Fred offered.
Alice smiled at him as Snape turned back to the chalk board.
"Won't happen again will it, Miss Chandler?"
Alice didn't answer; she couldn't promise anything.

She opened Fred's abandoned textbook and started to read the chapter. She sighed and let her eyes drift up when she suddenly became aware of the icy blue staring at her.
She was shocked and was sure it showed. She slowly turned her expression into a genuine smile, pulling a curl out of her face.
Draco suddenly blinked and shook his head, muttering something as he turned back around.

"What was that?" George asked in a playful whisper.
Alice blushed and laughed,
"He probably was just imagining what my skull would look like all spread out on the pavement."

"I don't know, it looked more like.. What would you say it looked like, Fred?"

"What? Oh you mean Malfoy eating Alice up with his eyes? Oh I wouldn't say a thing."

He groaned as book smacked him in the back of the head.
"Do your work, Mr. Weasley."

"Which one of us?"
another assault. Snape walked away.

Over the course of the class the 3 noticed just how many time Draco would turn around.
And how every time he did, Alice would smile genuinely.
And Draco would turn back steadily, looking dazed.

The twins began to make a game of it.

"Alright alright, lady and gentlemen, welcome to the 'Who's going to blush first,' game, I'm your host, George-"
"and I'm your co host, Fred"
"-and my moneys' on Chandler."
"What? no way, Malfoy will. It's all the cold in his heart, makes his face that much easier to color."
"Of course it will be Alice- look! she's already blushing!"