LoveLorn

The worst part was that Alice couldn't let go. It'd been a month since she's last spoken with him or even interacted with him. With the new year came a new schedule to which the few classes she did have with the slytherin boy disappeared entirely.

Alice never saw him after school or in the passing periods either. He could be found in the dining hall during meals but he never looked so much as a glance over to her anymore. No one seemed to notice. New gossips and drama circulated the small school. The slytherin-hufflepuff relationship was hardly ever even considered any longer. Devon and Angela, however, could not dismiss the absence of the blonde. Whenever alluded to why they'd grown apart she girl only responded with "It's complicated."

"Alice." Angela spoke firmly as the other girl lay her head against the hard wooden table.

Alice barley acknowledged her, turning instead to take a bite of her morning croissant.
She hadn't really explained why her and Draco weren't speaking, she knew it was for the best. And for at least right now, she was okay with the silent break. Only, a small hope still pricked her heart with sadness, a gnawing pain that said one day they might hold each other again. What a stupid thing to say. She wasn't naive, Alice knew their relationship was as good as dead.
Maybe better off that way too.

"Hey." Angela poked her puffy cheek and dangled a stop of toast in front of her face, "Lighten up, gumdrop."

Alice groaned and snatched the toast, nibbling on the end.

Alice caught the eye of a wandering Gryffindor as he staggered in late followed closely by another with redder hair.

Something settled in Alice's spirit. What the hell? She smiled and waved to the boy.

Harry looked behind him before quickly glancing back and pointing to his chest.

Alice laughed and nodded.

Harry approached with a nervous smile,
"Alice, how are you? I haven't talked to you much for a few weeks."

Alice noticed Angela's squinting pair of eyes staring but ignored them as always "I've been going through a lot lately." She waved a dismissive hand "But I've been so bored lately. Anything fun happening tonight I could join in on?"

Harry's eyes widened into saucers, "Yeah, I mean of course!" He laughed nervously again "I don't really have anything planned.. How about something.. J-just the two of us?"

Alice smiled "That sounds fun. 6 tonight?" She smiled, standing up.

"Yeah, yeah, of course."
Harry stuttered stepping back.

Alice flashed a smile as Angela stood up and followed her out. Harry raised his hand to wave but she was gone before he could do anything.

Angela glared at her the whole way back to the dormitories.

"Alic-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"What are you think-"

"Look Angela," Alice spoke softly, "Draco's gone okay. If he cared about me he would have-." Alice but her lip and cleared her throat "I want to move on okay? I'm sick of being I love lorned and this is a fresh start for me. It's the best way to get over everything."

Angela rolled her eyes, but she did agree with what she was saying.

"Devon's not gonna be impressed"

"Where is he anyway?"

"You'd know if you'd paid attention to anyone but yourself these past couple weeks."

Alice froze mid step as Angela turned back to look at her, "Angela-"

"I get you're going through a tough time but ever since you and Draco it's been Alice- Alice- Alice and you've hardly even thought to care about how Devon and me are doing."

"I.." Alice was at a loss for words, "Angela, I'm so sorry- I had no idea I'd been doing that."

"It's fine." Angela states coolly.

They walked in silence for half a minute before Alice breathed again "Where is he?"

"He's probably with Rylan- that slytherin boy."

"What?" Alice gasped "They're together?"

Angela nodded, "Dating Draco did more for everyone. People from different houses have gotten more acquainted, Devon and Rylan started seeing eachother, but that's still a secret."

Alice nodded, a humble pride weighing in her chest, "So he won't be eating with us anymore?"

"Don't worry I'm sure he'll still bug us and hang out in our room- eat all our snacks, etcetera."

Alice laughed and nodded. The happiest she'd felt in weeks.

(It's gonna pick up next chapter- I promise.)