midnight kisses

Draco wrapped his cloak around his shoulders. His breath quickened as he laced his shoes.

He hadn't a care in the world. He was going to see her, right now, he was confident that she would have him.

Who could say no to a man with such a dashing smile; not to mention the power he had in this place; everybody was drawn to power.

He ripped a couple of roses out of a potted plant.

Cliche, but he was sure Alice would appreciate them. She seemed like a traditional girl.

He strode through the hallway, heart all but singing as he rounded the staircase down to Hufflepuff.

He heard a faint stomping of footsteps.

Draco had one care.

He quickly staggered behind the nearest corner.

Mr. Filch quickly flew around the wall where'd he'd been hiding and
Draco dared not breath, not with that cursed cat trailing after him.

He'd closed his eyes and stayed silent until he heard the faint click of Filtch examining the library.

Draco let out a breath as he entered the room on the right hand side of the kitchen.
He'd heard stories of the Hufflepuff common room and was sure they had the strangest way by means of entry. They seemed so simple however. It couldn't be too hard.

He quickly found the barrels and knocked the one third from the bottom in the middle of the second row to the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff.

As he did so the barrel creaked and Draco froze, thinking he had done it. However, when he was drenched head to toe in - What is this? Vinegar?!- he stretched his brain trying to think what he'd done wrong.

"What is it then- third from the bottom?" he thought.
Well that wasn't it either.
He was doused again.

He tried 3 more times before cursing the house and throwing himself against the wall. Never again would he doubt the Hufflepuffs security procedures.

"Do you need some help with that?" a voice behind him spoke,
"Or are you wanting to smell like a salad dressing."

Draco froze before turning around.
A boy with a dazzling smile greeted him as he shuffled forward.
He was tall, pale and had sandy blonde hair. He stepped past him and entered the correct code; the wall opened up.

Draco was suddenly grateful for the helpfulness,
"Um, Thank you-"

"Cedric," he said extending his hand "Cedric Diggory."

He nodded, "Draco Malfoy."

He smiled again "I know who you are, you're the one always terrorizing my housemates."

Draco's cheeks colored, "Yes, If it makes you feel any better, I terrorize everybody. Say, then why are you helping me?" he countered; suddenly suspicious.

He kept smiling, pointing to the roses in his hand, "You got the hearts for someone in Hufflepuff?Maybe they'll mellow you out a touch." he smacked his shoulder and proceeded into the dorm.

Draco stood shocked. And dripping with vinegar. He debated turning back and changing then doing this tomorrow but he'd already made it this far.

He entered the tunnel to the dormitory.

Draco was surprised. The common room wasn't what he'd expected. It looked surprisingly comfortable. The room smelled faintly of cake, like somebody had made one not too long ago.