DETERMINATION

DETERMINATION. The red SOUL.

Each human SOUL contains DETERMINATION and it is theorised that certain monster SOUL's contain less. For example, the BOSS monster. Although rare, they are believed to still exist and are considered the most powerful of all monsters and are actually able to hold their own against humans. However, all BOSS monsters are still monsters and vulnerable to their emotions. They can be overtaken by rage or sorrow, peace or joy.

However, this is not the point of this book. My research has allowed me to theorise about seven known SOUL traits: DETERMINATION, BRAVERY, JUSTICE, KINDNESS, PATIENCE, INTEGRITY and PERSEVERANCE. This chapter is about the red SOUL trait: DETERMINATION.

DETERMINATION has multiple names - willpower, drive, belief - but no matter the name, it is the root of our humanity. This is why some humans argue monsters with this trait shouldn't be treated like the others but that is besides the point. This trait is why humanity's ancestors survived as long as they did - the essence of our SOULS prevent us giving up easily.

Every human has DETERMINATION in their SOUL and it gives them the strength to carry on even when everything seems hopeless. This is much harder to explain but if you have one SOUL trait, this trait drives you to keep going no matter what. I will stay basic here and go into detail in later chapters. One thing you should know is that the closer on the colour wheel your SOUL is to red, the more DETERMINATION affects you and your SOUL trait. For example, if you have the trait of BRAVERY, you are more stubborn and refuse to stand down - you are DETERMINED to stand up - however, if you have the trait of PATIENCE, you take your time and are willing to work around so you aren't as headstrong but you are still DETERMINED to work things out - it's not as obvious.

If you have a red SOUL, DETERMINATION defines you. This is a rare SOUL trait and one of the most dangerous ones. It is believed that the most DETERMINED SOUL has the power to turn back time and will get up despite dying. However, these are only rumours.

A DETERMINED SOUL does actually resemble a monster's SOUL in the way they are both susceptible to their emotions. If a DETERMINED SOUL gets too angry, they can lash out and since DETERMINATION is what makes humans so powerful, they may not stop until their victim is dead; the worst part is how once they kill and feel better, they continue to kill - all genocides and multiple murders are caused by people with SOULS with lots of DETERMINATION as a result. This is what makes them so dangerous, like monsters, and many believe they should be killed.

In conclusion, DETERMINATION gives humans their strength but pure DETERMINATION is the most powerful but also the most dangerous trait out there.