1

( Chardonnay's POV )

"Aye. Junebug and Lele, wake up. It's time for school." I said, waking my brother and sister.

*

After trying to wake them up, 5 minutes later they awaken and I started to get them ready for school.

"Do I have to go?" Junebug asked, rubbing the sleep out his eyes.

"Yes. You have to go, just like I have to go." I said, running their baths.

"Why don't you ever wanna go to school?" I asked.

"Cause its this boy who keeps messing with me everyday! He think he's so popular that he can talk about me." He said.

"What does he be saying?" I asked.

"Well, he'll talk about my clothes and say that I need a haircut. I remember one day, he even talked about mom!" He said.

"Hold on." I said. I made my lil sis get in the bath first, so that me and Junebug can finish talking.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"Steven!" He said.

"Well I want you to go to the office and tell them. And after you tell the office, if he keeps picking with you, then punch him in the face." I said.

He nodded his head to let me know that he was listening.

*

After both their baths, I walked them to school, which was a couple blocks away from home.

*

When we got there I reminded Junebug on what we talked about back at the house.

"I love y'all, have a good day." I said, watching them walk up the stairs.

Now I had to go back to the house and get ready for school myself.

On the walk home, I called Alize and told her to meet me at my house.

She agreed, so I sped up my pace in walking.

*

I heard a knock at the door and opened it, stepping aside to let Alize in.

"What's up girl." She asked.

"Girl nothing, just walked Junebug and Lele to school. They birthdays coming up next month, I wish I had some money so I could get them something. I really need a job, cause you know how mom is sick so she can't work right now. The rent bill coming up, so I don't know how we can keep this place." I said.

"Damn, I feel you. And if y'all do lose this place, y'all more than welcome to come stay with me." She said.

"Girl boo. I like to make stuff happen by myself." I said, throwing on my clothes.

"Okay, then I guess you don't want help getting a job." She said.

I looked at her like she was out of her mind.

"Well what exactly do you mean best friend?" I asked, sliding on my shoes.

"How about let's go job hunting, I heard about a couple places hiring around here, it shouldn't be that hard." She said.

"Okay, so after school we can do that." I said.

She nodded her head to let me know that we we're on the same page.

*

On the way out the door, I checked on my mom. She was still sleep, I walked over to check her pulse to make sure she was still breathing.

I had gotten use to this for months. About two months ago, my dad had died at his job. He was a construction worker. We always told him that we thought that it was dangerous, but he was a hard-working man. So ever since then, she's been sick and I've been taking care of her and my siblings. I loved them so much, and would die for them. With me being only 16, it really wasn't that hard.

*

Me and Alize walked into to school.

I wish it was over already.