80

-Matt-

It was super quiet in the car, it was terrible. I wanted to speak to Luna, I wanted to so bad, but knowing me, I would fuck up badly.

To cover up the silence, I turned on the radio, letting whatever song that was on fill up the awkwardness.

As I followed Toby's car in front of us, I started thinking about what was going to happen now.

He was going to propose to Mel and it was going to be so cute. I just wish I could propose to Luna. I already had a ring and everything, and now that opportunity was gone.

My phone started ringing, startling the both of us.

"It's Mel. Do you want it or should I?" Luna's voice was quiet. I told her that she should answer it and that I shouldn't be on my phone while driving.

"Hey, Melody," Luna's voice helped fill the silence with the radio.

For half an hour I got to hear her beautiful voice and her laugh. It filled my heart with joy.

When we hit an hour of being on the road, we stopped at a rest stop so we could use the restroom and stretch our legs.

It was a wonderful feeling, winning the war that we had no clue about, about a week ago. We would be able to sleep in our own beds again, in our own house.

Yes, their dad was an amazing person, but I don't think I would be able to stay with him for more than 3 days.

There were snack machines and we all got a few snacks and drinks since we were heading back on the road in a few minutes.

I was so glad to be able to go back home but I wish it wasn't like this. Me without my baby and Jay in the hospital.