75

-Toby-

I read the text and smiled to myself. I found my way to the children's area and saw Mel playing with the little kids. One little girl kept coming back up to her more than the others.

"Is she your girlfriend?" A nurse asked. I nodded, smiling.

"Yeah. She's good with kids." I remarked.

"You know, a lot of these kids have people in the hospital dying on them. Parents, grandparents. I know a few who have had to go to the orphanage because they lost their only family member. We could always use more volunteers to help with these little angels." She explained. She smiled sadly as she watched the kids play.

"That's terrible." I frowned.

She nodded. "That one there, that's Elizabeth. Her mother died in childbirth and her father is dying of cancer. She has no one else to care for her, and until he does go, we look after her. I hope someone can adopt her. She's one of the sweetest kids."

"Can you give me some brochures or pamphlets or something on adopting kids like Elizabeth?" I asked, the gears in my head turning.

The nurse, whose name tag read "Kim," handed me some brochures on adoption and adopting children with issues like Elizabeth.

I tucked them away in my hoodie pocket. I'd look at them later, hopefully with Melody.

I snapped a few photos of Melody playing with the kids. I watched her for a few more minutes before begrudgingly deciding to pull her away.

"Hey baby, we need to get going." I told her. She looked up at me, the large grin on her face dipping into a frown. She knew exactly what I meant and she didn't like it.

"You can't have my princess!" Elizabeth yelled as she pointed a cardboard sword at me. I chuckled softly.

"I've got to go, little knight." Melody got up, but not before giving the young girl a hug and kiss on the forehead. She made her way over to me and curled up against my side, my arm around her shoulders.

"Are we going to end this?" She asked, looking up at me as we walked back to the others.

"We have to. We need to. I want to be able to sleep in my own bed and watch Civil War twenty times over with you." I stated as I began to shake Eric awake. Melody shook Cam awake, too.

"We ready?" Cam yawned as he rubbed his eyes and stretched.

"Let's get this bread." Swagger stated as he stood up. It was now or never.