32

-Matt-

Even if I wanted to stay out here and go after Luna, I couldn't. I couldn't leave Toby and Mason to protect Mel. They already have one girl and they would try extra hard to get the other one.

I made Jay text Toby, asking where they were so that we could meet up. When Toby texted back, I turned around and we headed up to Canberra.

Jay never protested and I'm sure he wanted to, but I think he had the same idea as I did on why we were leaving Luna with the other guys.

I never wanted to leave Luna with them, never in a million years, but she said she was safe and I trusted her words. The suicide mission was on hold, for now.

We arrived at the diner Toby said they were at and sure enough, they were, making me sigh in relief.

They were just exiting the diner when we arrived and I got out of the car.

"Matt!" Melody ran over to me and she gave me a hug. "I'm glad you're safe. I was so worried."

I put my hand on her head, smiling. "Well now you don't have to worry," I noticed how tired she was, she probably hadn't slept for at least two days. "Mason, take Mel to the car and make sure she takes a nap."

Mason nodded and took Melody to the car.

Toby walked over to me, and looked at me, worried.

"What about Luna? Is she in the car?"

I shook my head. I probably seemed like a coward to him. First going after my girlfriend and then leaving her.

Jay got out of the car and came over to us. "What are we going to do now?"

"We're going to go further away from Melbourne, probably to Sydney. Mel has family living in Sydney and she said we could crash there for a while and get back on our feet."

I nodded and Jay and I walked back into the car and Toby to his. We needed to get out of here before those bastards got Mel too.