35

-Toby-

Fuck. I fucked up big time. I didn't mean it the way it sounded.

I groaned in frustration and ran a hand through my hair. "Dammit!"

"What happened?" Matt asked. He looked at me concerned.

"I fucked up." I sighed. "I called her a slut."

Matt cringed slightly. "That's not cool, dude."

"I know. I didn't mean it like that. I just... I'm so scared this plan is going to fail and they'll end up with her. If we can kill them, they can kill us. I don't want those bastards to have her." I sighed.

Matt nodded. "I don't like it either. I don't like the idea that they could win, or that... That they'll hurt Melody or Luna. But we have to do this."

I nodded. "I want to kill my doppelgänger more than anything. But first, we need to find our Eric and get our Cam to come here."

"Already on it." Jay said. He had his phone to his ear.

I went to the car and knocked on the window to Melody's side. She ignored me and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, baby. I really am. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't want to lose you. I'm scared that this is going to fail and I'll lose you for good. Please... I'm sorry." I explained. I leaned against the hood of my car and sat on the ground by the tire.

Jay stopped talking on the phone and hug up. "Still no word on our Eric, but Cam is getting the next available flight."

"Alright. That's good." I said. I kept running my hands through my hair, messing up the pretty braid Melody had given me earlier.

Jay suddenly let out a loud curse and showed his phone to Matt. Curiously, I got up and walked over. On the screen was a video of the bad Jay with Luna. There was no sound, but the frightened look on the blonde girl's face was enough.

Bruises and cuts lined her skin. She was completely naked and bleeding from seemingly every part of her body. I clenched my fist tightly. No way in hell was I letting any of them get close enough to Melody to do this.

"I'm going back, Matt." Jay said. He reached for Matt's keys, but the brunette stepped back. The Kiwi shook his head and grabbed the American by the collar. "Give me those fucking keys."

"Hey!" I pulled them apart, keeping a hold on Jay. "That's enough. We will fix this."

"You said it yourself. Our weaknesses are their strengths and vice versa. My weakness? My strength? It's the same thing, and it's her." Jay confessed, face red with anger.

I sighed and nodded. "It's a suicide mission, Jay. He wants you there so he can kill you. Besides, I have a feeling the other Matt won't let this last long."

"All you care about is Melody! I get it, mate! I do! But your girlfriend has two people protecting her! Mine had no one and was used as leverage for my best friend! I don't care if I die. So long as the rest of you are fine, stop pretending like you're the only one with something to lose." Jay hissed. His fists were clenched tightly.

"I have a lot to lose, actually! You, Mason, Eric, Matt, Cam. Melody, Luna. I just want to think rationally about this and do something as safe as possible!" I yelled back.

"Guys, stop, please." Mason begged from the car. He and Melody were watching us with sad eyes.

"This is what they want. They want us to fight." Matt sighed.

I nodded and got back into the driver's side of the car. I leaned back in my chair and frowned. We finally had a plan and we still couldn't go through with it.