41

-Luna-

I had a dream that I married Matt. Jay was the best man, Melody the maid of honor. It was the best day of my entire life.

Until I woke up in the fucking hospital. I absolutely hated hospitals. I spent two weeks here when my father passed away, and I never wanted to be in one again.

Matt, well, the doppelgänger, sat in a chair next to my bed. I had an IV in my arm and every part of my body was covered in bandages. Fuck.

"Matt." I called softly to him. He turned to me and smiled, stroking my cheek.

"You're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked.

I felt physically fine. The morphine was doing me good. But my anxiety was high.

"Get me out of here." I told him, staring at the IV drip. I wanted it gone. I hated needles.

"Soon. I promise." He sighed.

"Aren't you supposed to be, like, literally evil?" I asked.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Yes, but maybe I just want something more than a life of living in someone's shadow."

"What did the doctor say about my condition?" I asked, tracing the line of one of the bandages.

"You're fine. You lost quite a bit of blood and needed a transfusion, but otherwise, you're good. You're safe." He said. He played with my hair and stared down at me with as loving of a gaze as a paranormal being of evil could muster.

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"I'll go check." He placed a lingering kiss to my forehead before leaving the room.

After a moment, Cam walked in. He sported his white shirt. I smiled, knowing that this was the real Cam.

"Cam!" I gasped.

"Hey, Luns. I signed you out. I'm taking you to the real Matt." He said.

I nodded and carefully removed the IV. I grabbed the jacket he held out to me, putting it on and zipping it up. I smiled, happy to be around someone so safe and warm.

"What about Eric? He's still at the house." I said as I followed Cam quickly out a back door. We got into the rental car he had.

"Look in the back." Cam chuckled. Confused, I glanced back to see Eric. He had his helmet next to him and was bandaged up.

"Eric! You're okay!" I gasped.

"Thanks to you, Blondie." He grinned.

I smiled and turned back in my seat. "Are Anna, Ryan, and Sam safe?"

"Yes. They're safe." Cam said as he pulled out of the parking lot and drove off. "It's going to be a little bit, Luna. Get some rest. When you wake up, you'll see Matt again."

I smiled and curled up in the seat, trying to get comfy. I could tell I had several stitches in my body, but a lot of the cuts that Jay had given me weren't that deep, thankfully.

I just hoped the other Matt wouldn't retaliate.