43

-Toby-

I jolted awake, almost screaming. I had a terrible nightmare, but when I realized where I was, I calmed down.

Until I realized Melody wasn't with me.

"MELODY?" I yelled, throwing the blanket off of my body. I scrambled out of bed, my clothes sticking to my skin from the cold sweat I had had while sleeping.

Melody came rushing towards me. "I'm here, baby. I'm here." She said as she hugged me tight. I hugged back and buried my face into her hair.

"I thought I lost you." I mumbled.

"Never." She said as she pulled away. She smiled up at me and pecked my lips. I smiled and kissed her, pulling her close.

Melody pulled away and smiled. "I love you, Toby."

"I love you, too, sweetheart." I smiled. "Wanna watch TV?"

Melody turned on a movie and I sat down with her. She sat with her legs in my lap. I smiled and watched whatever was playing on the TV.

I turned my head the slightest bit and watched Melody. She concentrated so much on the movie. Every now and then the corners of her mouth would turn up or a laugh would escape her lips.

She caught me staring at her and blushed. "What?" She asked as she squirmed a bit.

"Nothing. You're just beautiful." I told her with a small smile.

Her cheeks turned more red and she hid her face in her hands. I chuckled and leaned over, pulling her hands from her face and kissing all over her skin. She laughed and struggled to get away.

We both rolled off the couch, me landing first and her on top. She giggled and sat up, looking down at me.

"I love you so fucking much." I breathed. She took my breath away, even after so many years. I just hoped I still took hers away.

I leaned in and kissed her softly. I pulled her down closer to me and held her waist with one hand, the other gently tangling in her hand.

I could feel a tent forming in my pants. For fucks sakes, Toby, not now. I groaned softly and gently pushed her off of my lap.

"I need a shower." I told her. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom, making sure the water was cold.

~~~

After my shower, I made my way back to the living room. Mel was on her phone, playing some game.

There was a knock at the door. Cautiously, I opened it. To my surprise, Cam, Eric, and Luna stood at the door.

"Hey man." Cam smiled. It was him, the real Cam. I grinned and pulled him into a hug.

Luna squeezed past me. She looked around, frowning when she realized Matt wasn't here.

"What, are we not good enough?" Melody joked as she pulled the other girl into a hug. "I'm glad you're safe."

"Thanks for leaving me in that hell hole." Eric grumbled. I frowned, feeling extremely guilty.

"I'm sorry, man. I wanted to get Melody out of there. I'm glad you're okay." I told him as I hugged him.

"A broken ankle is definitely not okay, but I'm alive." He sighed. He limped to the couch and collapsed, taking up the whole thing. I chuckled and looked at Melody, who was in the middle of hugging Cam.

We had everyone safely here. Now, we just needed to get our lives back in order.