-29-

The door opened, hesitatingly, but the one expected to show up wasn't my father.

It was Jaebum.

My heart felt like crawling into the floor when I watched his surprised eyes look around to observe the many men that weren't unfamiliar to him. He was now the leader of quite a huge mafia itself.

Guilt rushed over me when his gaze stopped on my figure, eyeing me with a slight glint of disappointment or rather, sadness.

After all it wasn't him who started this. Well, he surely could've done something, but being the obedient puppy he was, he listened to my father's frightful words.

But now it was his mafia.

His mafia that was dragged into a hopefully avoidable war.

"I'll get my father." Was the only thing he mumbled, before letting his eyes meet the floor and dragging himself away to find our father.

I was sure my father watched us from the window. He definitely saw us. I mean, how could he not see a bunch of mafia men in front of his doorstep. However, he certainly didn't expect it.

Tilting my head a little to meet Jimin's eyes, he gave my hand, which he was holding, a slight squeeze of reassurance.
"Don't feel guilty for your brother," He spoke in a tone that only I could hear.

I wasn't even surprised that he knew what was running through my mind, after all it was one of his specialties.

"He was certainly a part of the plan." Jimin spoke and glanced at the door where we watched JB disappear a few seconds ago.
"How are you so sure?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, my voice coming out more snappy than planned.
Jimin shrugged in an almost unbothered way, "You don't know what he told me on the phone call,"
I opened my mouth to ask him what he said but Jimin shot me a warning glance before running his hand through his now silvery white hair, since the color had washed out after some time.
"Don't even ask."

"You're brother is an asshole. You really don't want to know."

I scoffed and pulled my hand from his and immediately regretted it when the warmth left my skin and got replaced by frightening coldness.

"Your mom."

We waited for about five minutes just staring at the slightly opened door in hopes that the guest of honor would show up soon

Mafia leaders certainly shouldn't be kept waiting. Even I knew that.

Jimin and I were in the front as we were practically standing in a triangle position. The rest of Bangtan was right behind us, Namjoon standing only a few inches away from me.
After them came the men that were to be the actual threat for my father.

When I turned around to take a glance at them, who I believe was Shownu shot a genuine smile at me, which probably meant to be saying something like, "We stand by you."