DK (Pt. 2)

While you were stretching, Seokmin kept looking at you. You raised an eyebrow and glanced at him.

"What?", you asked.

"Nothing. Did you eat before class?", he asked.

"..yeah", you said.

"You sure?", he asked.

"What's up with you? I said I ate. Don't you trust me?", you chuckled.

You stood up and went over the choreography that your coach has taught you. It was a bit more extreme so it was kinda hard for you to perfect each move. You lost your balance for a moment and shook your head.

"Maybe you should take a break. How about we go to the beach? I hear there are a lot of people selling food and other stuff", he said.

"Mm..I don't know. I should really stay and practice", you said.

"What? Are you embarrassed to be with me out in public because it seems like we only hang out in the practice room", he teased, nudging you.

"No it's not that", you chuckled awkwardly.

"Then what is it?", he asked.

You didn't wanna tell him that you don't want what happened when you went hiking with him to happen again. It was quite embarrassing.

"...okay fine. But we're coming straight back here okay? I really wanna practice", you said.

He smiled and grabbed your hand so you can follow him to his car. During the drive, you kept glancing at Seokmin. You wondered how this handsome young man took an interest in you. The flirting has increased but he seems more careful than when you met him.

When you arrived at the beach, the first spot you went to was where a lady was selling handmade jewelry. You looked down at the table and smile at a hair clip that had a small red bow on it.

"You like it? I can buy it for you", he said.

"No that's okay-"

"How much is it?", he asked the lady.

After paying for it, he clipped it onto your hair. He smiled down at you with his hand placed on your waist.

"Um..we should keep walking", you chuckled nervously.

He smiled to himself as he watched you walk in front of him. He caught up and held your hand. You had a feeling he was looking at you so you quickly glanced at him then averted your eyes when you realized he was looking at you.

"Let's walk on the sand", he said, lightly pulling you forward.

He talked to you about his favorite places, the beach being one of them. He said it usually calms him down whenever he feels stressed about something.

"Can I tell you a secret?", he asked.

"Do you trust me enough to keep one?", you asked.

"Yeah. More than 100%", he said.

Your cheeks flushed. You didn't expect him to answer with that.

"I think I like you", he said.

You stopped walking and looked down at the floor, trying to process what he said. He chuckled at your reaction and stepped closer to you.

"I think you like me too", he whispered.

He placed his hand under your chin so you can face him.

"Am I wrong?", he asked playfully, tilting his head.

"This won't work", you said.

"Why?", he asked.

"...because it just can't. So just let it go", you said, stepping back.

While you did, you felt dizzy once again. You held onto your head and kneeled on one knee.

"Are you okay??", he asked, quickly running to you.

"I'm fine", you answered.

"You're not fine. I'm sure you haven't eaten all day. That's why your grandma gets worried", he said.

He was gonna help you up but you shrugged him away.

"She told you didn't she?", you asked.

He softly nodded. You scoffed and began to walk away, only for him to follow you.

"What's so bad about that? Me knowing?", he asked.

You stopped once he asked that and turned around to face him.

"It means every action you do is out of pity. 'Watch our for the sick girl because she might die at any second'. I don't need you to feel sorry for me. Every person I've ever met has treated me as if I'm fragile. Because of that, I never get to meet people who don't see me as the sick girl. That's been my label for the past fourteen years. So don't pretend as if you like me. Just admit it and leave me alone", you said and walked away once again.

He ran to you and grabbed your wrist, turning you around.

"I've liked you before I even found out. I don't see you as the sick girl. Sure I get worried all the time because I don't want to see you hurt. But I can't imagine myself living my life without you in it. I've gotten attached to you and I don't regret it one bit. I wanna take you out on dates and be proud to be holding your hand and say that you're my girlfriend. I want everyone to know that you are the reason why my heart races and feels like it's gonna explode. I get why you get tired of everyone asking you how you feel and I'm sorry I'm always asking that but that's only because I care. I care about you so much. Just like how much your grandma cares about you", he explained.

"Why would you like a girl with an illness? Out of everyone, why me? It's not fair", you said.

"Why is it not fair?", he asked.

"Because I hate when people worry about me. I faint almost all of the time because of my medication that sometimes doesn't work. I know they told me that it's not life threatening but there's no cure. The treatments are horrible. My parents didn't want me. Why would you want a burden like me in your life?", you asked.

He shook his head and walked closer to you, placing both of his hands on your cheeks.

"I don't think of you as a burden. And your parents, they're jerks for doing that to you. But you're way better off without them. You've accomplished so much, that's what your grandma said anyways. The more she talked about you, the more my heart would race. Why can't you get how special you are?", he asked.

You pouted and shrugged your shoulders. He grabbed your hands and placed them over his chest, causing you to blush.

"This heart beats for you. Understand?", he asked.

Once he realized you weren't saying anything, he cupped your cheeks with his hand and placed a soft kiss on your lips. At that moment, he made you forget about all the bad.

"Illness or not, you're not getting rid of me that easily. You're stuck with me. Is that a problem?", he asked.

You shook your head slowly, still dazed from the kiss.

"Good", he smiled and wrapped his arms around you, connecting your lips once again.