Vernon

Requested by @FanFicQueenxx
____________________________

You've been working so hard to become an idol. Your trainee days were a bit hectic and challenging since other trainees are very competitive but luckily you got put into an amazing group. Your group consists of four people including you. It's been a year now and your group was invited to an event that helps upcoming idols become more experienced. Everyone gets a mentor. You were really excited and kinda nervous.

As your group headed towards the place where the event is taken place, you planned a dialogue in your head to be prepared. Usually when you get nervous, you freeze and start stuttering and hyperventilating can also be a problem.

You were the last one out of the van. Being the maknae of the group, your friends kept making sure you were alright since during the ride, you were sweating.

"I can do this. I can do this", you kept repeating.

You looked around and noticed cute idols that you worshipped. Before your trainee days, you used to be in your bedroom looking at shirtless pictures of them, wishing you can touch their abs.

"I can't do this", you whined, feeling your face become hot.

You took a deep breath and followed your group into the building. You were assigned to be on the fourth quadrant of the building where you will meet up with another member of a popular group. Your friends got separated from you and ended up on another quadrant so you were alone.

"You must be (y/n)."

You turned around and froze as the person in front of you is Vernon aka Hansol aka my bias aka dream boyfriend. He was the first person who caught your attention when you started listening to the group Seventeen. Ever since, you dreamed about singing with him and even wanting to marry him. But you know that will never happen.

His eyebrow was raised and the left side of mouth curled upward as he waved a hand over your face. You completely dazed out for at least a few seconds.

"Are you alright? You're not having a stroke are you?", he lightly gasped as he began to worry.

"Ah..no. I'm fine", you laughed awkwardly.

"Good. So, congrats on officially becoming an idol. I'm Hansol but my stage name is Vernon. I'm in the group Se-"

"Seventeen", you said, eyes still wide as you admired his face.

"Ah so you know who I am. Guess it was silly of me to introduce myself. Are you ready?", he asked, smiling.

You nodded and followed him outside of the building. While he ordered food for the both of you, you sat down on one of the benches. You turned around and extended your hand over mouth to make sure if you didn't have stinky breath.

"Food is here."

You quickly turned back and blushed intensely, hoping he didn't see that embarrassing moment. He put the tray of food on the table and handed the plastic bowl of spicy ramen to you.

You enjoyed your food and talked about how it is being an idol and what you should expect. It was kinda scary hearing about all the things that happened to him and his group with crazy fans. You hoped nothing like that would happen to your group.

You'd thought talking to him would be a train wreck but he was really sweet and made you comfortable.

~~~

A few months pass after your group debuted. You and Hansol have become extremely close. When you're having trouble with dancing or even want to talk to someone when you're feeling down, you awkward go to him. Your group members give you advice as well but Hansol doesn't mind giving you a few more pointers.

"I can't do it. The other members are more talented than me. Why does it have to be me??", you groaned as stared at your food.

"If you weren't talented, they wouldn't have chosen you. You're incredibly talented. And you should take this opportunity. Remember what I told you when we first met? As time passes, you will face great opportunities that will become even greater in the future. This will help you achieve more. I believe in you", Hansol smiled.

"Will you help me?", you pouted, causing him to chuckle with a hint of tinted pink on his cheeks.

"Of course I will help you. That's what friends are for", he smiled.

~~~

You've started to develop feelings for Hansol. Though your company won't allow dating for some time. You weren't sure if he felt the same way for you. You were scared. But one day you went with him to see fireworks with his group and had sneaked off to find something to eat. He admitted that he liked you and that his heart never rests whenever he's with you.

Even though you couldn't date, he can. You made sure he understood what he wanted and that you didn't want him to wait. But he waited.

~~~

His hand intertwined with yours as both of you headed towards the park. It was late at night so not many people were gonna be there which you thought was the perfect time.

"Are you cold?", Hansol asked you, noticing you were hugging yourself.

"A little", you chuckled.

He took off his sweater and wrapped it around you. You smiled at him and cuddled yourself in it. Both of you were staring up at the stars, waiting for the fireworks to start.

"You know what's funny? I confessed to you in this exact spot. I thought it would make our first date, I don't know, special", he chuckled awkwardly, blushing as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I didn't think you'd remember", you said.

"Why would I forget something like that? It's part of our memories. We're creating more at this moment. That way in the future we can talk about what our favorite moment was", he said.

"I already have my favorite moment. It will always be my favorite", you smiled to yourself.

"Really? What is it?", he asked.

"..when I met you. If I hadn't met you, we wouldn't have had the memories that we have already created. It's the start of what have and what we're gonna have", you said.

"I like the sound of that", he smiled.

His smile had disappeared as you two stared into each other's eyes. His hand went up to your cheek and lightly caressed with his thumb. He leaned in, wetting his lips as he glanced down at yours.

Before you became an idol, you've always dreamed about having a moment like this with him. You never thought it would actually happen. Now as his lips connected with yours, reality hit as not only did the actual fireworks start but you felt fireworks as well.