S. Coups

You were sitting against the tree that you had once been pushed up against by the guy that had been getting on your nerves for months. Though, you couldn't help the weird feeling at the pit of your stomach escalating. Both of his arms were cornering you, his eyes piercing through yours. You've been preparing to feel his lips against yours, which came close to that until you had to open your mouth. You still remember it as if it was yesterday.

"Do you still love her?."

His hands turned into fists, head hanging low as he tried to calm his anger. He explained this to you plenty of times and you, without consciously thinking, asked either way. He hated talking about her. The relationship you had with him wasn't real. You two just needed a rebound to forget about the people you once loved. He helped you and you helped him. You knew nothing else could happen...until that amazing date you two had. You were falling in love with him as time passed.

You watched from afar, he was talking to some girl that was in your class. Her skirt was risen up a little too high and the first two buttons of her shirt were unbuttoned. Had he moved on from your non real relationship?

You sighed. You miss him. Even though his teasing and strange remarks really got to you, you missed him dearly.

This girl, she knew you two were an 'item'. Nonetheless, she still went after him. You wanted to tell her to back off but what was the point? She was much stronger, prettier, and smarter than you. How can you compete with that?

You told him that day that you'd wait for him here next to this tree no matter how long it took. It's been a week. Your heart aches for him. You waited 12 hours each day, not caring about whether you were hungry or cold. You skipped school as well. How can you focus on your education when you can't even focus on your own life?

You heard the first school bell, announcing the first class of the day. You watched as the girl squeezed his arm before walking into the building. His eyes scanned around the area, stopping once he saw you. He looked pitiful though he doesn't come towards you. He shrugged his backpack over his shoulder and walked into the building, causing you to sigh again.

~~~~

School was over. You watched your peers laughing with their friends as they walked towards the path to their home. Your eyes spot the two people that mostly catch your attention. He was with her again. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her car. You can see him looking around before his eyes land on yours. He looks hesitant but let's himself be pulled into the car. That answers that.

~~~~

A few hours pass. It had began to rain. Your mother has been calling you nonstop but ignore her calls. She knows not to call the police because she knows where you're at.

Your clothes are drenched, your hair covers half of your face as it's being dragged down by the rain. Your lips that were now blue quivered.  Your legs were numb due to the cold rain. It was dark and no one was around...that is until you hear two drunks walking, or stumbling, down the sidewalk. They spot your helpless body next to the tree, excitement running through their veins as they can see up your skirt.

"Hey, what's a beautiful woman doing here in her lonesome?"

"You should feel protected. You don't know what animals can be roaming around here."

The two guys snickered as they groped you. You felt helpless. The gross feeling of their disgusting lips on your neck and chest made your stomach upset. You were silently crying.

"Hey! Get off of her!"

You weren't sure what was going on. It all happened so fast. Your vision was getting blurry so all you could see was someone beating the living crap out of the two drunks.

"(Y/n), are you okay?"

Voices were fading away as your body did the same.

~~~~

When you woke, a wet cloth was placed on your forehead while someone was checking your temperature. You were at his place. You haven't been in here since two weeks ago. The first night you two had spent together, you can never forget that.

"(Y/n), you're awake. How are you feeling?"

You looked up at Seungcheol, the face that you adored so much made you feel better. Then you felt your heart race.

He kneeled down and placed his hand on your forehead after removing the wet cloth. Your body was covered with three warm blankets, making you feel hot.

"Your fever has gone down so you'll be fine. No need to take you to the hospital."

Your eyes couldn't break away from his no matter how hard you tried. His soft smile was replaced with a disappointing frown.

"What the hell were you thinking? Something bad could've happen to you. Every day I see you sitting against that tree. You're ruining your life."

"My life has been ruined since that day you walked away from me. When I told you that I was gonna wait for you, I meant it. I get that I said something stupid. I didn't mean to. But I just didn't want to be in love with a guy who didn't feel the same way for me", you said, crying now that he was in front of you.

"You idiot. I'm madly in love with you. I just hate being constantly reminded of my ex girlfriend. It makes me feel like you don't trust me", he explained.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I've been cheated on before. I didn't want you to be that way. And I know we weren't really together but...it felt real to me", you said.

He placed his hands on my cheeks, caressing my face with his thumbs while looking deeply into your eyes. He wiped away the tears and replaced them with pecks. His lips lingered on my right cheek before placing them against mine. You had been waiting for this moment for a really long time. And now that you're experiencing it, you felt your heart gluing back together.