Jun

Requested by @YugyeomJB
__________________________

You were cleaning the tables that you served earlier that day. It was almost closing time and you couldn't wait to go back home and sleep on your bed.

After finishing the tables, you sat down on the chair and huffed out a breath. You remembered you still had a pile of dirty dishes to wash, which might take you a few hours. No one was in the building except for you, that is until five minutes before closing time.

There was this guy you met two months ago who comes and orders the same thing. You were quite surprised he came the second time today since he only comes in once every few days.

"Hey, busy day?", he asked, plopping himself on the chair in front of you.

"Yeah. It sucks being the only one to work on Saturdays", you rolled your eyes.

"How about I cheer you up? Wanna go see a movie?", he asked, smiling.

"Hmm, a movie sounds nice. But I have a bunch of dishes I need to wash. It's probably gonna take me all night", you said.

You stood up to walk to the back but he grabbed your hand to turn you back around.

"Can I help? You've been working all day", he said.

"No Jun. That's sweet but you don't have to. Anyways, my boss will get mad if he finds out I let someone stay after closing hours", you said.

"I'll talk to your boss. Come on, let me help", he pouted with his hands glued together.

You'd be lying if you said he didn't make your heart race. He's really handsome and you couldn't even believe a guy like him would talk to you.

"Fine. You can help. But if I get fired, it'll be your fault", you said, playfully rolling your eyes.

He followed you to the back and was met with a pile of dirty dishes. His mouth gaped open and his eyes went wide.

"You can still back out you know", you chuckled at his reaction.

"Um..no I'm still gonna help you. I just never washed this many dishes in my life", he said.

You stood on one side of the sink, washing the dishes with soap while Jun stood on the other side, drying the dishes. It was quiet for a few minutes until Jun lightly sprayed water on your face, making you flinch.

"What was that for?", you asked.

"Just trying to lighten up the mood. You look so serious", he chuckled.

"I'm exhausted. I have a right to be", you said.

He softly smiled and continued to dry the dishes. You glanced over at him and studied the features on his face. His jawline was very defined. What really catches your attention are his eyes. You can look at them forever..but at that moment when he looked over at you, you had to look away.

~~~

"Thanks for helping me. I thought I would've stayed there for hours", you sighed as you closed up.

"It was a pleasure. You going home now? Want me to walk you? It's late", he offered.

"That's okay. You already helped me with the dishes. I can walk by myself", you smiled.

"I know you can walk by yourself. But I wanna was you so I'll know you got home safe. Shall we?", he smiled and began walking.

During the walk home, you two talked about what you liked to do when you're bored. You were surprised that he said he was good at singing and dancing. Curiosity ran through your mind.

"Yah (y/n)!"

As you looked ahead, you noticed your ex boyfriend waiting for you at the driveway of your house. Your heart started beating fast. He walked towards you with an angry expression on his face, which scared you.

"W-What are you doing here?", you stuttered, backing away.

"I want my money", he said, roughly grabbing your wrist.

"Let her go", Jun said as he pushed him away.

"Who's this jerk?! Whoring around already??", your ex boyfriend tried grabbing you but Jun just pushed him away again, causing him to become more angry.

"Leave her alone", Jun said.

Your ex boyfriend laughed coldly and pushed Jun back. You can see Jun turning his hands into fists. Your ex boyfriend was about to push him again but Jun punched him across the face. As soon as your ex saw blood coming down from his lip, he launched towards Jun, attacking him onto the floor.

They kept pushing each other around, punching and kicking. You didn't like it one bit. Jun soon got on him and kept punching him. You tried to get Jim's attention so he would stop but that wasn't until you pushed him off. Your ex boyfriend ran into his car and drove away.

"Are you okay?", he asked you.

"Me?? You're the one bruised up. Come here", you grabbed his wrist and pulled him into your house.

You went over to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. You dampened a few cotton balls with disinfectant spray and lightly dabbed it on the cuts.

"You look upset. Are you okay?", he asked.

"..I just...really hate when people get violent", you mumbled.

You were about to throw away the used cotton balls but Jun held your hand, preventing you from doing so.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want him to hurt you. You looked scared", he said.

"I'm used to it. Don't worry about it. It's not your problem", you softly smiled.

"What if I want to make it my problem?", he asked.

You looked up at him to meet his eyes. They were staring deeply into yours.

"What do you mean?", you asked.

"..I like you. I don't want anyone to hurt you. That's why I got mad. I tried to handle it in a calm way. But he kept trying to hurt you. I couldn't let that happen", he said.

You placed the first aid kit down and bit your lip nervously. You were still at the stage of trusting people again. He admitted he had a temper problem. What if he does the same thing your ex boyfriend used to do to you?

"I get that you were just trying to help me. But hitting people just because they call me names won't solve the problem. And he has never hit me. He just..runs his mouth a lot", you said.

"He has never hit you? But the way he grabbed you, it could've come to that. Either way he was hurting you. And I do admit that the way I handle it wasn't the right way to do it. It won't happen again. I promise", he said.

"..I still can't trust you 100%. But I'll try to. Because I do like you too. I just don't want to rush into anything", you said.

"That's okay. I can wait", he smiled.

You sighed and put the first aid kit away. You walked Jun out of your house and said good bye.

~~~

As a few months pass, Jun had kept a safe distance so you can feel comfortable. You had made the first love and asked him out on a date. You really enjoyed it and even had the courage to kiss him at the end of the date.