The8

You were in your room, staring at the clock as you laid on your bed. Your laptop was in front of you. Every single one of your friends had wished you a happy birthday and all day you've spent it on watching movies. Minghao texted you at midnight but you really wanted to hear his voice. You had expected him to come for your birthday but it's two hours away from it being done.

You haven staring at the clock now for about two hours. You know he's busy which is why you're very patient...at times. Finally after what seemed liked forever, your laptop rings. You answered it and smiled when you saw your boyfriend on the screen.

"Happy birthday beautiful. I'm sorry I didn't call earlier. We kept going from one venue to another. What did you do today?"

"I didn't really do anything. I just stayed home. I wanted to spend my birthday with you..but you're not here", you said.

"I know I promised. I'm sorry. I really thought I was gonna make it."

"It's okay. Hearing your voice is enough for me", you smiled.

You two talked for about an hour until you fell asleep. Minghao kept you on the line, admiring your sleepy face.

~~~

"(Y/n)..(y/n) wake up."

You felt a hand lightly shaking you but you just ignored it and stretched, turning the other way. Seconds later you felt lips leaving small pecks all over your cheek. You blinked repeatedly until your sight was clear.

"Minghao?", you asked, not believing he's actually there.

"Hi baby. Happy birthd-", you pulled Minghao in for a hug.

He wrapped his arms around you and rested his head on your shoulder. After you were done crying, he pulled away and smiled at you.

"What are you doing here?", you asked.

"You really think I'm gonna miss your birthday? I mean, there's only thirty minutes left but it still counts. I brought you flowers, cake, and a gift. And then I thought we'd spend the rest of your birthday watching movies. We can cut the cake after and I'll give you your gift. How does that sound?", he asked.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go", you stood up from your bed and headed towards the living room.

"Shouldn't we cut the cake first?", you asked as you glanced at the chocolate fudge cake.

"Sure we can do that. Whatever you want", he smiled.

He took out the candles and put them on the cake. He grabbed the matches that were in the drawer and lit the candles.

"Make a wish", he said.

You closed your eyes for a few seconds before blowing out the candles only to have them light up again.

"Oh no. Not these candles. How could you??", you laughed as you kept blowing on the candles.

After a while, he cut the cake and gave you a piece. Your eyes rolled back as soon as the flavor roamed your mouth.

"This is so good", you said.

"Baked it myself", he said.

"You don't bake", you said.

"..you're right. My grandma made it. She said to tell you that I made it just so I can impress you", he chuckled.

"I love her. She's so nice", you said.

You were gonna take another bite but Minghao wiped chocolate frosting on your nose. He smiled cheekily and but his lip to prevent him from laughing.

"You think it's funny? Maybe I should do the same to you", you smirked as your index finger was covered in frosting.

Minghao grabbed your wrist and kissed you before you had the chance to get him back. When he pulled away, you forgot what you were gonna do.

"Come on, lets go watch movies yeah?", he smiled and grabbed your hand.

He washed the frosting off and carried you to the living room, placing you on the couch. You searched up movies and decided you should watch a horror movie.

During the movie, you were clutched onto Minghao. His arm was around you and even smiled every time you got startled. You dug your face onto his chest as soon as the killer stabbed one of the people in the movie.

"I think we should stop watching this movie if you're too scared", he said.

"No. I-I'm okay", you said.

"Are you sure? You're not even looking at the tv", he chuckled.

You peeled and glanced at the tv to notice blood all over the walls of the house. You dug your face back onto his chest.

"Okay you're right. We shouldn't be watching this", you mumbled.

He turned off the movie and faced you. He grabbed your hand after placing the gift between the two of you.

"You know I really love you. And hopefully this gift will show how much I love you", he smiled, handing the gift to you.

You smiled and opened the gift to find a very big locket in the shape of a heart.

"It's beautiful", you said.

"Open it", he said.

As you did, your heart stopped beating once you found a ring in it. Minghao grabbed the ring and looked deeply into your eyes.

"I know there are times when I say I wish I never had met you. I regret it every single time I said it. I'm glad you're in my life. I wanna you to be in life forever. I want to marry you, have kids with you. I want to start a family with you. There's no one else I'd want except you. So I was thinking about making it official. (Y/n)...will you marry me?", he asked.

You were lost for words. Tears had already streamed down your face, landing on your thighs.

"Is this..really happening?", you asked him.

"Yes it is", he chuckled.

"..pinch me", you said, extending your arm forward.

He raised an eyebrow but punched you either way, causing you to feel the pain.

"This is really happening", you gasped.

"You know I'd feel a lot calmer if you gave me an answer", he chuckled nervously.

"..of course I'll marry you. I want nothing more than to be with you my entire life", you said.

He smiled and placed the ring on your finger. You wrapped your arms around him and kissed him deeply.

"I can't believe I just did that", he laughed.

"I'm glad you did. I'm really glad you did. I love you", you said.

"I love you too..so much."