Mingyu (Pt. 2)

It's been three days. Three days since You last talked to Mingyu. You tried calling him the day after you left his house but he didn't answer. You kept debating whether to go to his house to talk to him but you didn't want to make the situation worse.

"He told me he likes me. I mean..I freaked out", you said as you spoke to your sister on the phone.

"What did you tell him?"

"That we're friends. It just feels weird. But I don't like when he's mad at me. It's like I'm losing my best friend", you said.

"I say you go talk to him. Tell him what you really feel about this whole situation."

"It's not that easy. He's very sensitive", you said.

"Well then how are you gonna fix the problem if you do nothing?"

~~~

You've been standing in front of his house for thirty minutes now, trying to think about what to tell him. You knew if you kept waiting, you'll end up not talking to him so you took a deep breath and walked up to his front door. You hesitantly knocked and gulped, becoming anxious. It got worse when the door opened.

"What are you doing here?", Mingyu asked, a lack of interest on his face.

"I want to talk to you", you said.

"I don't", he said.

"Well you don't have to talk. Just listen. Can I come in?", you asked.

You were sure he was gonna say no but surprisingly he let you in. You sat down on the couch and remembered when he covered your body in blankets so you wouldn't get sick from the rain.

"I'm waiting", Mingyu said, interrupting your thoughts.

"Mingyu, I find it unfair how you're acting towards me. You're being mean because I said I'd rather have a friendship with you than a relationship that I can easily mess up. You don't get it. You're my best friend. I've shared all of my secrets with you. I feel comfortable being your friend. Would you rather have me lie to you and say I see a future with you?...it's hard for me to really explain and not make it sound harsh. If I start a relationship with you, I'd lose you forever because I know I'll overthink it and I'll become uncomfortable and I'd break up with you. It's even hard for me to say all these things because I don't wanna hurt you..why can't you understand?", you asked, tears streaming down your face as you looked away.

"You're not even willing to try?", he asked.

You stopped and wiped away your tears. When you looked at him, you noticed his jaw was clenched up, his eyes focusing on something else.

"Did you not just hear what I said?? You can't force an answer you want to hear and ignore what I'm saying. Does our friendship not mean anything to you?", you asked, slightly annoyed.

"You think I want to feel this way? This is your fault. Your laugh, your smile, the way you get happy when you hear something you like, your personality, everything about you. I can't help the way I feel. And I don't know if it'll go away. Yes, I cherish our friendship. But I want something more. Can you at least give me a chance and let me take you out on a date? If you still feel like you don't want to take this further, then I'll leave you alone and we'll pretend it didn't happen. I promise you that", he said.

"...okay. One date then", you said.

~~~

A few days later, Mingyu picked you up from your house and took you to the fair. As you walked around, you could tell he had an urge to hold your hand but he didn't wanna risk it.

"Do you wanna try that?", Mingyu pointed to the small tent where there are multiple bowls of goldfish.

Both of you headed towards it and was curious. You wanted to go first so the guy gave you three small balls to throw in the bowls. Sadly, you didn't get any in them. You pouted and looked up at the prizes. There was this huge stuffed dog that really caught your attention.

"I can try if you want me to", he said, taking out money from his wallet.

No that's okay. Let's do something else", you smiled and walked away.

He glanced at the stuffed animal and caught up to you. You checked out a few other games, more than half of them you lost. There was a small roller coaster ride that you wanted to get on so Mingyu agreed. The entire ride you were laughing and screaming with your hands up. He just admired you and enjoyed that moment.

"That was fun! I haven't been on a roller coaster ride in years", you said, fixing your hair as you exited the ride.

He chuckled and his eyes lit up when he saw the Ferris wheel.

"Wanna try that?", he asked cautiously.

"Um...sure. Let me just use the restroom", you said before heading inside the small building.

Mingyu smiled and took a small trip before you got out. When you finished, you looked for Mingyu but he wasn't around. The crowd of people also made it hard for you to look for him.

"(Y/n)!"

You glanced back and widened your eyes as Mingyu walked towards you while holding the stuffed dog that caught your attention earlier.

"Here", he smiled as he handed you the stuffed animal.

"But...I told you that you didn't have to. Did you waste a lot of money? I can pay you back", you said.

"Not necessary. I know how much you wanted it so I got it for you", he smiled.

You felt something in your chest and stomach. Your chest area was reacting as if you were having a heart attack and your stomach felt like you wanted to throw up..but in a good way.

"Come on, the view of the sunset is better when we're a the way on top", he said, referring to the top of the Ferris wheel.

You followed him and got in line. You glanced up at the Ferris wheel and noticed it was bigger than you saw it from few feet away.

"(Y/n), we're next", Mingyu said, nudging you.

We got into the gondola and sat down side to side. You were hugging your stuffed animal and had your eyes closed as the Ferris wheel moved. The more it moved closer to the top, the more you felt the coldness. Mingyu noticed you were shivering so he took his sweater and placed it on you.

You glanced at him. He wasn't looking into your eyes. He was looking down at his feet. He wasn't smiling.

"Maybe this whole dating thing isn't that bad", you mumbled, feeling your cheeks becoming hot.

"Really?", he asked.

"Yeah", you said.

Seconds later you were slowly moving your hand towards his. When you intertwined your hands together, Mingyu looked at you. You were a blushing mess. His other hand went up towards your face, placing it on your cheek. He turned your gaze towards him. The amount of space between you too was no more than five inches apart. Both of you looked into each other's eyes, feeling your hearts race. He leaned forward as did you. Your lips were so close to touching until the movement of the Ferris wheel scared you. You held onto the stuffed animal tightly. Mingyu smiled and lightly shook his head.

After the date was over, he drove you home. It was silent the whole way. When he parked the car in front of your house, you became nervous.

"Thanks Mingyu. I had fun", you said.

"I did too. Hopefully we can do it again someday if you want", he said.

You nodded and unbuckled your seat belt. Before you got out of the car, you quickly pecked Mingyu's cheek, catching him by surprise.

"If we're gonna make this work, we have to take baby steps", you said.

"Works for me. Goodnight (y/n)", he smiled.

"Goodnight Mingyu."