Woozi

You spent 19 years dancing. You enjoyed it so much that you wanted to turn it into a career. There were auditions being held at an auditorium that was not too far from where you live. Your boyfriend of three years accompanied you, holding your hand tightly as he felt the nervousness running through your body. You held your profile in your hand, wondering wether it was professional or not. You've been practicing quite your whole life yet you still felt unprepared.

"(Y/n), I can't go back there with you. Only the people with numbers have access", Jihoon whispered, shaking me out of my trance.

"But..What if I mess up? I can't afford to not be picked. This audition costs more than I spend on rent", I said, sweat already forming on my forehead.

"Don't worry. I'll be sitting in the crowd. I'll be there the whole time. If you get nervous, just look at me. I know you'll do great", your boyfriend smiled, lightly squeezing your hand to assure you 100% with no doubt.

And so you waited by yourself with others who are auditioning. The closer you got, the more nervous you felt.

You stood in front of the judges and the audience of people who accompanied their friends and/or family. Your eyes scanned each person and smiled when you saw your boyfriend's face. You began to feel more relaxed and confident.

When auditions were over, the judges took about an hour until they posted a paper at the front of the building. Your eyes go down the list and couldn't believe that your name was on it.

"I did it! I made it!", you jumped gleefully into Jihoon's arms, him congratulating you as he tightened his grip.

"I knew you would. Whenever you're nervous, just know that I'll always be there, even when I'm not", he smiled softly at you.

So for months you practice with your group, day and night until your coach decides that you're all ready to show the world what you got. But the more you practice, the more exhausted you get. That has never happened to you before.

Jihoon worries about your health, everyday trying to convince you to rest but you weren't a quitter. Whatever pain you felt, you ignored it and put on a brave face.

It was the day your group performs in front a live audience. It wasn't a big crowd, maybe about 40 people. As you move your body around, perfecting each move that you practiced with your group, your chest starts to hurt, causing you to kneel down and grasp at your shirt.

"(Y/n)!"

You hear the screams of your boyfriend getting closer. Your breathing became short and quick each second as you lay your body onto the floor.

"Someone get help!"

Those were the last words you heard until darkness took over.

It wasn't easy for you to hear the doctor tell you that you have a serious heart condition that can only be cured by a heart transplant. Though, it takes months, even years, for someone to donate a healthy heart.

"You can no longer participate in dancing or any other activity that involves you wasting energy."

Those words killed you inside. How can you live your life without dancing? Your life is dancing. So all these 19+ years of dancing was for nothing?

You spent days laying on your bed, sulking in the dreadful pain that came from your chest. Jihoon takes care of you 24/7 and you can't be more grateful than now...or so you thought.

The days turned into months and you still yet to hear the good news of a donor waiting for you. The smile that was on your face everyday turned into a frown, making your boyfriend feel terrible.

"You want to watch a movie? Or I can order us some food? Whatever you want."

Jihoon tried to convince you to do something other than doing nothing but whatever he offered wasn't gonna make you feel better. You wanted to dance but even getting up from the bed hurts your whole body.

You began to lose weight and energy. At times you wake up in the middle of the night, screaming in pain. Your boyfriend's arms wrap themselves around your body, trying to find a comfortable position for you.

The visits to the doctors office only made you feel worse. All you wanted was your life back.

One morning, you decided to go for a walk with your loving boyfriend. He had his arm carefully around you, making sure he doesn't hurt you. You were enjoying your stroll until you felt pressure on your chest. Jihoon was quick enough to catch your limp body and softly dropped onto the floor.

You kept passing in and out of consciousness as you were on your way to the hospital.

Doctors ordered people to move out of the way from the halls of the hospital as they pushed you while on the gurney. You weren't sure if you were dreaming or if you were dying, but all you could see is two doctors having an emergency conversation.

"We need to operate on her. Stat. Have the heart ready. We don't have a lot of time."

Darkness once again took over your body.

A few hours later, you feel less of the numbness from your body, slowly waking up. When your eyes were wide open and your mind realizes where you are, you start to look around only to find yourself alone in the hospital room.

"Ah Ms. (y/n), you've awoken. The surgery went miraculously well. You've soon to recover and be on your way."

The smile on the doctor's face creeped you out but ignore it as you realize you're alive and better.

"Is my boyfriend out there? Can I see him? His name is Lee Jihoon."

His smile soon fades. His hand went into his white coat and took out a letter. As he handed it to you, you wondered why he just doesn't tell you. The doctor soon leaves you alone once again. You open the letter and begin to read it.

My lovely (y/n),
Being with you was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Every moment we shared, I cherished deeply. Experiencing new things with you only made me love you even more. Words cannot describe the love I have for you...so I'd rather show you instead. Today marks your 20th birthday. All these months of pain and suffering, you made it to another year, though this year will be quite different. You're probably wondering where I am right now. Please don't get upset for all I want is for you to live a healthy and happy life. I hope my heart gives you Years and years of happiness. Happy Birthday Love. And always remember that I'm always gonna be there with you, even when I'm not.

Tears stained the letter in front of you. You take your hand and place it on your chest, the place where the heart lies. As you felt the heart beats, your cries became louder. You clutch the letter against you, wanting to feel him. But no matter what you did, you were starting to realize what he had done. Showing his love by giving his heart to you. That's something that you will cherish for the rest of your life.