Dino

I've been standing on the same spot for 15 minutes already. This is my third time transferring to a new school and might I say it's very overwhelming. I stopped trying to make friends since I'm always moving. I just hope this is the last time.

"Okay (y/n), no time to chicken out", I said to myself.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside of the school. As I tried to look for my locker, I glanced around me. There were hardly any students. I guess people like taking classes in the morning then in the afternoon.

"Ahh I found you", I smiled as I saw the correct number on the locker as I had on my papers.

I struggled to open the locker. I know I'm supposed to turn it to the right twice and then put the first number but it's not working.

"Need help?"

I turned to my right and met a guy who's a few inches taller than me. His smile kinda made me feel uncomfortable. He's cute but he needs to find a way to approach a person.

"Uhh.."

"You're supposed to turn it three times instead of two. These lockers are really old so it's kinda tricky sometimes", the guy said as he opened my locker with ease.

I stared blankly at him. I don't know why he's helping. I've been here five minutes and some guy just starts a conversation by helping me open my locker?

"Oh sorry! My name is Lee Chan but others call me Dino", he smiled and held his hand forward.

"Uh..I'm (y/n). I'm new here", I said.

"I can tell by the way you were opening your locker just now", he said.

I blushed in embarrassment and laughed awkwardly.

"So..do you know where's room 65?", I asked him.

"You're in my homeroom. Come on, I'll show you the way", he smiled and started walking.

I find it weird how we have at least five classes together. At least I won't have to try to make new friends. And I won't be sitting alone at lunch like always.

"Channie!"

A girl came running towards us and hugged Dino. She jumped excitedly and grabbed his hands.

"I got an A+ on my history test all because of you! Thank you!", she smiled and hugged him once more.

Of course a guy like him would have a girlfriend already. What is up with me and getting my hopes up?

"That reminds me, Can you help me study for my algebra test?", she asked him.

"Uh..Alice, this is (y/n). She's new here", he said, turning towards me.

"Ohhh Oppa has a girlfriend I see. It's nice to meet you. I'm Alice, Channie's sister", she smiled and hugged me.

"Channie?", I tried not to laugh.

"Alice, I told you not to call me that when we're in school", he said.

"Get used to it Channie. Anyways I gotta get going now. I have a lot of things to do. Bye!", she yelled and slipped away.

"Is she always this-"

"Loud? Yes she is. You'll get used to it", he said.

I shook my head and smiled to myself.

"(Y/n)!"

I froze when I heard that familiar voice. My hands started shaking and I had trouble breathing.

"I told you I was gonna find you! Did you think you were gonna get away that easily? You're mine!", my ex boyfriend yelled.

"Danny I-OW!", I yelled in pain as he roughly grabbed my wrist.

"Let her go", Dino said as he pushed him away, putting me behind him.

"Stay out of this! She's my girlfriend. I have a right to talk to her!", Danny yelled.

"She doesn't want to talk to you. You should leave before campus security comes to escort you out", Dino said calmly.

"Let them. But I'm not leaving here without her", Danny said.

"She's not going anywhere", Dino said.

Danny was about to charge forward but campus security got there on time. They grabbed him by them arms and forcefully dragged him out. As soon as he was out of sight, Dino turned around to check on me.

"Are you alright?", he asked.

"I am now. You didn't have to do that you know", I said.

"Why not? You're my friend. Let's go get something to eat, yeah?", he smiled.

~~~~~

"So I'm guessing that guy was your ex boyfriend?", Dino asked.

"Yeah. I've been trying to get away from him. I don't know how he keeps finding me", I said.

"I don't mean to get personal but..has he ever been abusive towards you? I could tell you were really afraid of him", he said.

"Yeah. I was with him for three years. He didn't trust me around other guys so he would beat me up every time he saw me with someone. I don't think he's ever gonna stop", I said.

I looked down at my food and lost my appetite. The coconut cake did look good but my stomach was hurting.

"You know you can get a restraining order right? He won't be able to eat near you and if he does, he'll go to jail", he said.

"I-I can't. That'll just get him more upset", I said, shaking my head.

"You're gonna get killed if you don't. I'll help you. You're not alone. You won't ever be happy or safe until you do something about it", he said.

He took my hand in his and lightly squeezed. I was surprised he did that. The only guy that was ever interested in me was Danny. That was before I found out he was only with me for something more than just a relationship. He thought I was easy.

"No one has ever been this nice to me. Why are you helping me?", I asked.

""Like I said before, you're my friend", he smiled at me.

The smile he had when he first approached me made me feel uncomfortable but this smile made me feel warm and safe.

"Okay. But you have to help me since this is your idea. I'm glad I have a friend like you. Actually, you're my only friend", I said.

"Two if you count my sister", he said.

"Right..your sister..", I said.

He laughed at the way I said that. I couldn't help but smile at our new friendship. I don't think I'll be moving or changing schools anytime soon.