S. Coups

Your hand was intertwined with your boyfriend's as you laid down next to him. His parents weren't home so he thought it was a good idea to have a sleep over. Your relationship is still sorta new, if you count three months as new. You've never slept over at a guy's house before so you were excited.

He was still asleep. You never thought anyone can look so handsome when sleeping but as you watched your boyfriend sleep, you thought otherwise.

It was midnight and you couldn't sleep. You were feeling a bit thirsty so you carefully and slowly got off of the bed and headed towards the kitchen. Your eyebrow raised as you noticed the lights were on. When you entered the kitchen, a man was hunching over , looking inside the fridge. You thought someone broke in so you tried to go back into the room to let Seungcheol know but you bumped into the wall, causing the man to turn around. The man had a weird stench, the half empty bottle of beer in his right hand might be the cause of it.

"Um..sorry", you mumbled.

"Ah no worries. You must be Seungcheol's girlfriend", the man said, slightly giving a creepy smirk.

You glanced behind you, wanting to run into the room but the man had already gotten close to you.

"Why don't you have a drink huh?", he asked while lightly pushing you towards the sink.

"Um..no thanks..I should get back", you said and wanted to pass by him but he kept blocking your way.

"What's the rush? One drink wouldn't hurt", he said, handing you a beer.

"(Y/n).......get away from her."

You glanced over the man's shoulder to see an angry Seungcheol. His hands were turned into fists.

"(Y/n), come here", he said to you.

You wanted to buy the man just put an arm before you so you couldn't go anywhere.

"Seungcheol my boy, there's no harm in having one drink with your girlfriend and getting to know her. It's so rude of you that you haven't introduced me to her before", the smell of alcohol coming from his breath made you want to throw up.

"That's not likely to happen. Now, let her pass", Seungcheol said.

"Fine", the man said.

Once he moved his arm out of the way, you quickly went over to Seungcheol. He hid you behind him.

"It's not like I was gonna hurt her. Jeez, you offer one drink and they think of you as the worst", the man said while passing both of you guys.

Once the man was out of sight, Seungcheol quickly turned to you, making sure you were alright.

"Did he hurt you? I swear if he did, he's gonna regret lying eyes on you. Are you okay?", he asked, worried.

"I'm fine. He just offered me a drink. He did seem pretty creepy though. Is that your dad?", you asked.

"No. That's my stepdad. Let's go, maybe bringing you here was a bad idea. Let's go grab your bag and I'll talk about it on the way as I take you back home", he said.

~~~

"That's why I didn't want you staying over at my place. But since I thought they were gonna be away, it'd be safe. I'm so sorry (y/n)", he said.

You grabbed his hand that was free and kissed it, smiling to show you were alright.

"Nothing happened. And it's fine. At first I thought you didn't want me at your house because you didn't trust me. But now I understand why", you said.

"I trust you 100%. Anyways, you'll sleep better at your house. Are your parents home?", he asked.

"Yeah. They're gonna be curious on why I came home early though. What should I tell them?", you asked.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it", he said.

"But...you know my dad hates you right? And I don't think it's safe right now for you to go home. I'll talk to him to see if you can stay in the guest bedroom", you said.

"(Y/n)..I said don't worry about it. Okay?", he smiled towards you.

~~~

"(Y/n), what are you doing back home?", your mom asked as she opened the door.

Your dad appeared behind her, a frown on his face as he saw you both.

"Um...dad-"

"Sir, I apologize for bringing her home at this time. But I will not lie to you when I say a problem occurred in my house that spooked (y/n). I take full responsibility. I just want her to sleep peacefully and safely. I understand why you dislike me. You know my stepfather well and I've heard you say some horrible things about him. I don't blame you. He is one of the worst people out there. I will also understand if you don't want (y/n) to see me anymore. But I want you to know how much I care about your daughter. Her safety means more to me than anything. And if you think her staying away from me is the safest, then I will have to agree", he said.

"Seungcheol What are you doing?", you asked him as you held his hand.

"I never like you. Mostly because I think you are the exact same person as your stepfather. I sometimes wished that you would leave my daughter alone...but you do make her happy. I'm giving you this chance to prove that you are the right man for her. If I find out that you are treating her as your toy, I will not hesitate to make you regret getting near her. Is that understood?", your father asked him.

"Thank you sir. I won't disappoint you", Seungcheol bowed his head.

"Um..dad, since there was a problem at his house, do you think he can stay in the guest room? Just for tonight. I don't think it's safe for him to sleep at his house. Pleeeeeeaaaaase", you begged with your hands together.

"(Y/n), it's fine. I'll be alright", Seungcheol lightly squeezed your hand.

"I don't think it'll be an issue, right honey?", your mom asked your dad.

Your father looked at Seungcheol very suspiciously. You pouted and made a sad puppy dog face.

"One night. I will be keeping an eye on you two. No funny business", he said.

"Thank you dad", you smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Come on Seungcheol, I'll show you the guest room", you said as you took his hand.

While passing by, your boyfriend thanked your parents and promised he'll be staying in the room without your company. When you entered the guest room, you handed him a toothbrush.

"Hopefully this is good for you", you said.

"It is. I can't thank your parents enough for doing this. And I can't thank you enough as well for being an amazing girlfriend", he said while taking your hands in his.

You smiled and wanted to kiss him but he stopped you.

"I don't want to disrespect your parents wishes. I'll make it up to you though. I'll take you out on a date tomorrow and we'll enjoy ourselves. How does that sound?", he asked.

"Sounds like a plan", you smiled.

"Alright. We should get some sleep", he said.

"Goodnight Seungcheol. And also no matter what you're going through, I'll be there beside you so we can get through it together", you smiled before kissing his cheek.

As you walked out of the room, Seungcheol lightly chuckled and only had happy thoughts as he fell asleep.