Jun

Requested by @innocent_lil_apple
____________________________

You had just started your trainee days. You were sure you weren't gonna get the audition but when you got that call, you instantly jumped on your bed, excited you were gonna start a career that you'll enjoy. Ever since you were a little kid, you've been watching idols singing or dancing from your television screen. That's been your dream ever since.

You first day at the company was alright. You were quite nervous when you met other idols but you held up pretty well. The head of the company was really impressed when he heard your singing at the audition so he tested your ability by giving you a duet with one highly experienced idol.

Your jaw nearly dropped onto the floor when you found out the person you were singing with was Jun from Seventeen. You've been listening to Seventeen ever since they debuted. You never imagined you'd sing along with one of them by your side.

You were taken towards a studio where you'd be working on the song. You couldn't speak to your partner at all. You were just so dazed out by his handsome face. You pretended to look at a few papers that had lyrics to the song when really you were just checking him out.

He got the feeling of you looking at him so he glanced up at you. You quickly looked away and hid your face with the papers. A chuckle was heard from across the room.

"Have you studied the lyrics?", he asked, moving a few papers from the desk in front of him while glancing at you.

"Um...yeah..", you mumbled.

"..you know..if you're gonna be working as an idol, you can't be shy. A business like this expects people who are serious. I'm sure you passed your auditions for a reason. You're the first person to get a song just a few days after passing auditions. Usually trainees have to wait a few months but I guess you don't have to. Do you wanna go first?", he asked.

"Oh umm...sure", you said.

You grabbed the lyric sheet and cleared your throat. You felt quite uncomfortable since he was standing about three feet away from you.

You sang quietly at first, afraid of what he might think of your voice. He stopped you as soon as you were getting near the chorus.

"See, right there you need to sing from your gut. Don't be scared of showing off your voice. You're holding back too much", he said.

You nodded and looked back at the sheet. You sang like three words until he stopped you again.

"Look at me while you sing. You have to feel emotion. You have to feel love. That's what the song is about", he explained.

"How can I feel something I've never felt before?...I mean..I don't think I'm the right person to do this with you. I'm not that experienced like you", you said.

"I think you need some inspiration", he smirked.

~~~

"What are we doing here?", you asked, looking at a bunch of couples roaming the streets.

"For me, if I'm having a hard time feeling what the song is about, I just go for a walk. I observe my surroundings. I think here is the perfect place for you. It's better when it's dark that way you can see the stars. The more open space you have, the better chance you'll have to get an idea", he smiled.

You observed around like he said but you still felt nothing. He stood behind you and covered your eyes.

"Don't think about anything. Clear your mind. Take deep breaths. Once you open your eyes, you'll know what to feel. But don't open them just yet. Give it time", he said.

He let go of you, your eyes still closed. You didn't force yourself to think about anything but the image of your parents giving you your first karaoke toy when you were seven put a smile on your face. They supported your singing and your interest in making it into a career.

When you opened your eyes, you sighed and smiled. You felt more relaxed.

"I think I'm ready", you said.

"Alright then", he smiled.

You were about to head off but Jun grabbed your wrist, turning you around.

"Where are you going?", he asked.

"Aren't we gonna record the song?", you asked.

"Let's sing it here. Maybe doing that will help you when we're recording in the studio. Come on", he smiled, grabbing your hand.

He was walking the other direction but you just stopped, preventing him from going any further.

"In front of these people? I don't think I can", you said.

"(Y/n), remember what I said about being shy and afraid? You have to conquer that fear so you can succeed. I know you can do it", he said.

You bit your lip while looking around, feeling more nervous as people stared at you two. Jun grabbed your hand and gently squeezed, softly smiling at you so you'd know it was gonna be fine. Both of you headed towards a comfortable spot, you standing while looking at the floor.

Jun started off the song so smoothly, voice so angelic. When you began to sing, that's when people starting paying attention. The more people that gathered, the more you got nervous. Jun noticed that and moved in front of you so you'd be looking at him and not the audience.

He stared into your eyes while you did the same to him. Singing to him while keeping eye contact made you more open. You couldn't explain it but you felt more comfortable than you ever did before. 

When you finished singing the song, your eyes were still attached to his, hands clapping around us while they whistled and cheered.
You were having fun until a group of girls started screaming for Jun. He grabbed your hand and quickly ran towards the car, leaving the girls behind.

"That was amazing. You need to sing like that more often. I don't know why you're so afraid of really singing. You had no problem when you auditioned, why were you having trouble singing with me?", he asked.

"I'm more used to singing by myself. I feel like if I sang with someone else, they'll probably judge me because they're voice is better than mine. I'm not saying my voice should be better but...I just get so insecure. Plus I was singing with you. You're voice is like an angels", you said, slightly blushing while staring out the window.

"Hm..well thank you. Your voice isn't so bad as well. I can see why you got chosen to do this duet with me. I'm excited to hear more from you. Hopefully we'll work on more songs in the future", he smiled.

"Yeah we'll just see how the song goes", you said.

"We just did. Stop doubting yourself",he chuckled.

"Thanks Jun", you smiled before continuing to look out the window as you two headed back to the studio.