Mingyu

It is that time when people buy presents for their loved ones. Decorated house and the smell of pine coming from the Christmas trees made (y/n) feel like she was at home. Though due to her busy schedule with school and work, she had no time to spend Christmas with her family and boyfriend. She's mostly stuck in her dorm doing homework and studying for exams in the future.

"Ugh! Stupid midterms", she groaned as her migraine caused by hours and hours of studying got on her nerves.

No matter how many times she tried to solve a math problem, she gives up after failing a few times to get the answer.

"It's Christmas Eve and everyone is spending it with their family while I'm here freakin studying for these stupid tests", she whined as she looked over at her pet hamster that she got for her 20th birthday from her boyfriend of three years.

Her phone rang about five times before she answered the call.

"Mingyu I'm studying", she said, leaning back against the chair.

"But I miss my princess and I wanted to hear her voice. Where is she?"

She rolled her eyes and laughed. He always knew how to make her feel better whenever she's stressed out.

"You can't be studying on Christmas Eve. You have to enjoy the holidays."

"My friends are with their family and all of you are hours away. And midterms are close so I wanna be prepared", she said.

She laid down on her bed and sighed as she stared at the ceiling.

"Oh no. I know that sigh. What's going on? Do you miss me that badly?"

"Yes. I haven't seen you in months. I miss you", she mumbled.

"I'll go visit soon I promise. Then we can spend all of our time catching up. You can show me around your school. Plus, I have a present waiting for you."

"A puppy??, she asked, abruptly sitting up with her heart pounding like a drum.

"I already gave you a hamster. Don't you like him?"

"I love him. I bought him a new cage and he absolutely loves it. He runs around a lot", she said.

"Well it's not a puppy. You're just gonna have to wait and see."

"Aww come on! Don't tease me. What's my present? If you love me, you'll tell me", she said.

"I love you but I'm not gonna tell you. I want you to be surprised. Anyways, stop studying and go out and celebrate the holidays."

"I'm not gonna enjoy it by myself", she whined.

Her attention turned towards the door where she heard three knocks.

"Mingyu hold on someone is knocking", she said.

She went over to the door and opened it, dropping her phone as she saw her boyfriend standing in front of her. She took one big leap and wrapped herself around him.

"Mingyu! What are you doing here??", she asked, still wrapped around him.

"I thought I'd bring you your present a day early", he chuckled as hugged her.

She pulled away and noticed a Christmas bow on his head.

"You're my Christmas present?", she laughed.

"That and also-", he smiled as he placed a mistletoe hovering over them.

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and shyly looked away.

"You're really cheesy", she chuckled.

"I'm gonna be embarrassed if you don't accept my present", he laughed.

She stood on her tippy toes and placed a small kiss on his lips. She pulled away only to have his hand go on the back of her head, pulling her back for a deeper kiss.

"Whoa", she breathed out.

She had to fan herself as he passed by her, heading towards her desk. He examined the papers scattered all over and chuckled as he shook his head.

"You need a break. Come on", he grabbed her coat and scarf and placed them on her.

~~~

"Ice skating? But I suck at it", she groaned.

He kneeled down and tied the laces on her skates. She looked over at the skating rink and bit her lip nervously. He noticed so he grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed it.

"Don't worry about it so much. I'll help you", he smiled.

He stepped on the ice first and instantly started skating. (Y/n) was lightly whimpering as she stared at the ice. She tried to put both feet on it but she got scared and went back.

"(Y/n), come on", Mingyu said as he skated over to her.

He extended his hand out so she can take it. She was a bit rusty at first but she had to hold onto Mingyu with both hands so she wouldn't fall.

He had something else planned. He let go of her and skated a few feet away.

"Where are you going??", she asked nervously.

He turned around and offered a smile before extending his arms.

"Skate towards me and you'll get another surprise", he said.

"But-...I can't. I'm gonna fall and you're gonna laugh", she said.

"I promise I won't laugh if you fall. I really want you to try though", he said.

She sighed and looked down at her skates. She knew once she took a step forward, she'll fall straight onto her face. But seeing Mingyu wanting her to skate towards him makes her want to give it a try. She began skating towards him, very sloppily. When she was inches away from him, he carried her and skated towards the concrete. He put her down and hugged her.

"See, I knew you could do it", he smiled.

"I honestly thought I was gonna fall", she laughed.

"So what's my other surprise?", she asked.

He smiled and put his hand in his pocket. He kneeled down on one knee and took out a ring from his pocket. She was quite surprised..and emotional.

"(Y/n), these past three years together have been amazing. When I asked you to be my girlfriend, I wasn't sure if I was making the right choice. But as time passed I realized that you are the one for me, the one I want to wake up to every morning. I really love you. And I would really love if you'd be my wife", he smiled.

She was lost for words. She nodded and began to cry as he placed the ring on her finger. He hugged her as she cried her eyes out. She was really happy and couldn't wait to tell her family about the news. Though her plans for Christmas changed, she didn't care as long as she has him.