DK

I was sitting down on my desk as I admired my boss' face. My chin was resting on the palm of my hand as I watched his lips moved while he talked on the phone. I've counted each one of his eyelashes. And his dark blue eyes makes them look long.

"(Y/n), I need you to take these papers to that boy group that's one floor above us. Then take these papers the the lady in the office. Don't mix them up. These papers are very important. Got that?", Mr. Kim asked.

"Yes Mr. Hunk-..I mean Mr. Kim", I grabbed the papers and walked out of the office.

As I headed for the elevators, I thought about the way Mr. Kim's hair moved so elegantly. And his white teeth are so perfectly straight. Even his scent from the cologne he wears gets me into a trance.

As I daydreamed about Mr. Kim, I bumped into one of the secretaries, causing me to drop the papers onto the floor.

"I'm so sorry", I bowed to the secretary and kneeled down to pick up the papers.

"Uh..I think this goes with these papers", I mumbled to myself as I tried to organize the papers the way they were.

~~~~~

"Hey (y/n), came here for me?", Dokyeom asked as he smirked.

"I'm here for everyone. Mr. Hunk-..I mean Mr. Kim asked me to bring these papers to you guys", I said, handing the papers to you guys.

"Mr. Hunk huh? I don't get what you see in him. He's to uptight. Plus, don't you think his jeans are a little...too tight?", he said.

"His clothes fit him perfectly. And I don't know why I'm talking about this with you. I gotta go. I have to give these papers to Steph", I said.

I was about to walk away but Dokyeom stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Just curious...why do you like him?", he asked.

"Because he's perfect", I said and walked away.

~~~~

"Hey Steph, boss told me to give you these", I said.

"Oh right I was expecting these. Thanks", she smiled.

"So..what have you been up to?", I asked her.

"Just organizing some stuff. Mr. Kim is promoting me soon. I'm gonna be his new assistant", she clapped excitedly.

"But...I'm his assistant", I said.

"Oh....I thought you were working for Seungcheol and his group?", she said.

"No..", I said.

~~~~

The next day I had a day of so I decided to watch the guys practice. I thought about whether I was either gonna lose my job or if I was gonna be assigned to be someone else's assistant. I really don't want that to happen. I love working for Mr. Kim.

"You look like you're having a bad day", Dokyeom said.

"No just thinking. Shouldn't you be practicing?", I asked him.

"I'm thinking as well", he said.

"Really? About what?", I asked him.

He slowly turned to look at me. He kept quiet. I wonder what he's thinking about.

"(Y/n), did you send those papers?", Mr. Kim came walking in and asked.

"Yes Mr Kim", I smiled and slightly blushed.

"Great. Everything should work out fine. Oh and I know is your day off today but I need you to organize some papers in my office. I won't be here for the rest of the day. I have a date", he said and began to walk towards the elevators where Steph was waiting.

My heart broke when I saw them hold hands. He's going on a date with her? Is that why she got a promotion?

"See, he's not interested in girls like you", Dokyeom said.

"Girls like me? What the hell does that mean?", I scoffed.

"Uh..I meant girls like you..girls who are not like Steph..um-", he choked nervously.

"Girls who are not like Steph? What do you mean? Like tall? Pretty? Smart? Talented? I can keep going", I said.

"Um..I didn't mean it in a bad way..gosh why does this always happen?", he muttered to himself.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards Mr. Kim's office. The papers he told me about were laying on his desk. I began to organize them and tried not to think about what happened.

~~~~

A few days have passed and I've been ignoring Dokyeom. I pretend I never had any feelings towards Mr. Kim and tried to keep it professional but it's hard to do that when he and Steph end up making out. It's not a pretty sight.

I was in the break room when Mr. Kim called me to go to his office. Apparently it was urgent so I had to throw away my lunch.

"How stupid can you be?! I told you not to mix up those papers and you did it anyways!", Mr Kim yelled.

I was sitting on the chair in front of him with my head down as I was being scolded by him. The guys were also in the office to explain if they had the wrong papers.

"I'm sorry. It was a mistake", I mumbled.

"A very stupid mistake. Do you realize how this makes me look??", he asked, hitting the desk.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again", I mumbled.

"You're right. It won't happen again. You're fired", he said.

"What?", my eyes widened.

"Pack your things and leave this building. You aren't allowed to come here", he said.

"Mr. Kim, it was just a mistake", Dokyeom said.

I quickly got up and ran out of the office. I didn't even grab my stuff, I just left the building.

I wasn't in the mood to take anyone's calls so I went back home, put on my pjs, and covered myself with the blankets.

A few moments later, there was a knock on the door.

"Go away!", I yelled.

"(Y/n), open the door."

It was Dokyeom. What's he doing here? Is he here to apologize for what he said to me?

"If you're here to apologize, I won't accept it", I yelled from the other side of the door.

"Just give me a chance to explain. If you don't like what you're hearing, I'll leave you alone."

I stood up and unlocked the door. When I opened it, I noticed his hair was covered in sweat. Did he run all the way to my house?

I moved aside so he could come in. We sat down on the couch and waited for him to speak.

"What I said the other day, I didn't really mean it in a bad way. That guy is a jerk and today proved it. Why would you wanna be with someone like that?", he said softly.

"I'm so stupid to even think he would like me back. I guess I'm not up to his standards", I muttered.

"You can find someone else to like you. You're funny, fun, brave...and very pretty", he smiled.

I blushed at the fact that he called me pretty. I never thought of myself that way.

"And I bet someone already like you for the way you are", he said shyly.

"Yeah right. Who would like me?", I said.

"Me. I like you", he said.

"Hm?"

"I wanna prove to you that I'm not like that jerk. I can be a gentleman and respect your boundaries. I'll do anything just to win you over. Do you maybe want to go to a movie or something?", he asked.

"Um..yeah..I never really thought you would think of me like that. Sure, I'll go to a movie with you", I smiled.

He made me feel better about myself. He even decided to go pack my stuff and bring it to me. I don't need to work for Mr. Kim to be happy. I can find another job.