Chapter 30 "Final Showdown":

Gabe's POV:
I went back inside the factory to see that Asher was beating the shit out of James as he held him to the ground and just punched him over and over with both hands. "ASHER!!!" I yelled out just like I did when I faced Negan. Asher then looked up at me and stopped beating up James. He stood up as he then angrily said, "Where is she?!" "She's gone, Asher. Already on her way back home and as far away from you as possible. You'll never see her again." I said back with attitude. He groaned in anger before saying, "No matter. Once you all are dead, I can just go back, kill her, and retrieve the child myself." "Well you won't have the chance." I said as I drew my sword on him. He just laughed at me and said, "Oh, and why is that?" "Because I'm gonna stop you, you one eyed and one armed bitch!" I said with even more attitude. "Oh yeah? You and what army?" He gloated as I then saw Ray, James, and Kenny join me at my side. "This one." I said as he then replied, "Big fucking deal. I just took out dozens of men. What makes you Four any different?" "Because we all have something to lose." Ray said looking at me and smiling as I smiled back before scolding at Asher again.
"You really want to do this?! Then so be it!!" Asher exclaimed as he began to charge at us as we charged at him back. Ray went to shoot him but Asher just snatched the gun out of him hands, threw it away and punched him right in the face with his human arm. James then tried to jump attack him, but Asher only grabbed him by the neck and slammed him to the ground like something out of professional wrestling. "You're weak, you walker loving fuck!" Asher exclaimed as he tried choking James out. "You... you don't fucking scare me." James exclaimed back as Kenny then tried to punch Asher, but he just dodged and pushed him to the ground. I used that moment to my advantage as I tried to kick him right in the face. He attempted to dodge and just couldn't get out of the way in time, so my foot connected to his face. He fell down which made him let go of James. I helped James get back on his feet as Asher held his cheek in pain. He chuckled before saying, "Lucky shot, dickhead." He then went after me and was about to punch me, but Ray struck him right across the face and Asher stumbled back. "Still think these are lucky shots, douchebag?" I asked sarcastically with attitude. "You are just rodents! Nothing but filthy rats! And I'm going to exterminate you!" He said as I just rolled my eyes and said, "Oh wow. And I thought I was cheesy." James and Ray just looked at me as I realized that I made an accidental pun. "Oh, no pun intended." I said as Asher just yelled out, "Shut the fuck up!!"
He then charged at ya again as he then punched James to the ground while Ray tried to stab Asher in his back. Asher pushes Ray off but not before taking the knife from him and stabbing James right in the heart. "James!!! No!!!" I shouted as I kicked Asher in the face, making him fall off James. I held James's bleeding body in my arms as I saw him coughing up blood. "Gabe... I'm... so sorry." He said as I replied, "Don't be. Your going to make it. Just hang on." James then held onto my jacket as I heard him whisper to me, "You're right. I will live. But not in this life. It's ok, Gabe. I'm ready... to go." I started shedding tears as he continued to whisper, "My people... my family... my father... and Charlie are... waiting for me." He said as the color faded from his face and he died right there in my arms. "James!!" I said as him now lifeless body dropped from my arms. It was then that I was at a crossroads of whether I should let him turn or not. Because on the one hand, it would seem cruel to let him turn, but on the other hand I think that's what he wanted. I decided that I would just end his suffering now so I took out my knife and held it to his head as I whispered to him, "Goodbye, James. Thanks for everything." I then plunged the knife into his head as the tears kept on coming. He was loyal to me and to the group. That kind of loyalty doesn't come around all the time. I then stood back up and looked behind me to see Kenny and Ray fighting off Asher as I then looked back as James's corpse before looking at Asher again.
I balled up my fists and got really angry as I yelled out, "Asher!!" I then charged quickly at him as he was too busy with Ray and Kenny to be able to dodge me. I landed a heavy knee to his face as he then got punched by Kenny and Ray as well. I got on top of him and delivered punch after punch after punch in his face. "This one is for Russell!" I said punching him. "This one is for threatening my family!" I said punching him again. "This one is for Drake and Riley!" I said punching him once more. "This one is for James!" I said giving him another punch. "And this one is for kidnapping the love of my life and threatening our baby!" I screamed as I gave him one last punch to the face before stopping to see his beaten face. But to my surprise, he just spat out blood and laughed. "It feels good,... doesn't it? Revenge? Losing control? It makes you feel... like a god, doesn't it?" He asked me as I didn't know how to respond. "Because is does for me. We aren't that much different, Gabriel. That's for damn sure." He then continued. "I'm nothing like you." I said as he the replied, "Sure you are. You're hot tempered, skilled, you care about what really matters in your life, and you'll do anything for your family." "That was me once. Before... that bitch... took it all away." He then finished as it looked like he was about to cry. "But revenge won't solve anything, Asher. Trust me. I know. In the end, you'll feel just as empty as you do now. So just end this. We do t need to kill each other." I told him as he looked at me like he was almost convinced.
But then he looked angrily at me again and said, "Bullshit!" He then kicked me off of him with both feet as I flew back in front of Ray: "You'd do anything for your family?" He asked me with anger booming in his voice. "Without a doubt." I said back as he then looked at Kenny and then the knife that was by James's corpse. "Then prove it!" He screamed as he then bolted towards the knife. It was at that moment that everything seemed like it was going in slow motion when in reality it wasn't. I knew what he was about to do and despite how much Kenny and I don't like each other, I still can't let him die. So I bolted as fast as I could in front of Kenny as Ray went to stop Asher. But Asher grabbed the knife and threw it in Kenny's direction with his metal arm. And just as the knife was about to hit Kenny, I got in front of him and took the knife to my right eye. I fell to the ground with the knife stuck in my eye as my entire vision began to get blurry. "Gabe!!!" I heard Ray yelm our as I looked over at him about to come to my side until Asher pulled him back and threw him to the ground. I then saw Kenny attack Asher as everything then went to black with only one thought in my mind. "Is this really how I end?"

(Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've just been really busy lately. But just know that I'm back and I'll be posting regularly again.)