Chapter 22 "Clem's Nightmare":

(Time Skip: Two Months Later)
Clem's POV:
Two months of gone by since Sophie's death as the community of Haven has gone through a bit of changes. Gabe and I decided to prepare ourselves should Asher find us and attack. So we told everybody about him and began to prepare haven for combat just like we did for Lilly and her people. Hopefully Asher never does find us but the chances of him finding us grow bigger and bigger every day. And it especially didn't help that I was now nine months pregnant and just a week and a half away from giving birth which only made me think about Sophie more. I missed our talks that we would have almost every morning and how excited she was that she was going to be a mom. But now that she's gone, Violet and Minerva ended up adopting the twins after all and I must say, they seem to be really good mommies to them. Almost as if they were there biological children. But then again, I guess it helps that the one baby they named Rowan looks like Sophie which in turn, made him look like Minerva. And as for the other baby boy, the kept his name Tommy as that was what Sophie has named him. It looks like they ended up having kids after all, even if it meant losing someone they loved.
It was extremely late at night as Gabe and I talked in AJ and Gabe had fallen asleep in our bedroom himself well I stayed up a bit longer. To be honest, with the impending danger of Asher and his whisperer army coming after us, I haven't really gotten a lot of sleep lately. I guess the thought of dying of birth like Sophie has also given me an extra dose of fear. And it might just be my paranoia, but I think Asher already knows where we are and was just waiting for me to be nine months pregnant where I would be my most vulnerable. Because if there is one thing I now know about Asher is that he may come off as just a brute, but you can also be smart as hell and the combination of brains and brawn only makes them more dangerous. Like Carver but younger, stronger, smarter, and with a fucking metal arm. So here's hoping that we are able to hold him and his army of whisperers off if the occasion should arise. Kenny and Gabe have especially taking it amongst themselves to guarantee I stay safe, even if they still don't get along. As I was caught up in my thoughts, I felt my eyelids begin to feel really heavy as I then closed my eyes and fell asleep.
(Clem's Dream)
Clem's POV:
My eyes opened up as I didn't set up in my bed to Gabe suddenly being gone. "Gabe?" I called out as I got no answer. "Gabe?! AJ?! Where are you?!" I shouted out as yet again, I got no answer. I want to call out to them again but I heard the sound of an explosion coming from outside. I got myself out of bed as I walked towards the window to see what was happening. I looked out in horror as I saw the entire community of Haven being destroyed and ransacked. "No! No!" I shouted as I then saw whisperers like James holding weapons and literally stabbing Carter and Ray to death. I ran as fast as I possibly could outside which wasn't that fast considering my pregnancy as I open the door to see everyone in Haven being slaughtered. I looked at James, Tenn, Violet, Lewis, Kate, Ramona, Minerva, and everyone else who are now dead with their courses on the ground and their head smashed in. "You won't hurt her, you motherfucker!!" I heard Kenny shout as I then saw him being strangled to death by Asher is he snapped his neck and threw his corpse away like it was a rag-doll. "Kenny!!" I shouted as I then saw AJ being restrained by some whisperers and Asher slicing his stomach open, letting his guts leave his body. "AJ, NO!" I screamed as tears dominated my face. "Leave her alone!!" I then heard Gabe shout as he charged at Asher with his sword in hand. "Gabe, don't!!!" I tried to warn him but it was like he couldn't even hear me. Asher then snatched that sword from his hand in Stanton right through the heart. "NOOO!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs while crying even more as Asher then stabbed him in the skull, killing him officially and leaving me in tears.
Asher then looked in my direction and said with an evil grin, "You did this. To all of them." Before I even knew it, I was suddenly no longer in Haven and instead was in the middle of some kind of forest. It took me a moment before I realized that it was the same forest where I accidentally killed Asher's family. I took a look at myself is my baby bump with suddenly gone and I once again had a flat stomach. "Clem." I then heard someone say is I turned around to see Asher looking right at me with angered intent but yet was also calm. "You know you did this." He said as I then replied, "You!! You killed them!" "I did. But only because I had to." He said as I said back, "No you didn't." "Trust me, Clementine. I bet they were good people but in my eyes, they were just stepping stones I needed to cross in order to get to you." He told me as I then shouted with rage and sadness, "You... You took everything for me!!" "So now you know how it feels. To lose everything you worked so hard to give all your love to and to keep safe and protect." He said to me. Quote my whole life has been nothing but loss. Ever since I was eight years old." I said back as he chuckled to himself before saying, "And they're better off for it. I mean, you are basically a walking curse. Getting everyone you've ever loved killed. Lee, Christa, Kennedy, AJ,... Gabe." That pushed me over the line as I tried to punch him, but he evaporated into a puff of smoke and just reappeared right behind me.
"Oh, Clem. You sure do love violence, don't you? As much as you hope for peace, you can't help but feel like violence is always the end game. I guess in our scenario, you couldn't have been more correct." He said to me. Quote what do you want from me?!" I shouted at him as he replied, " everything. I want everything you took from me that day. I want your heart ripped from your chest, I want your dignity, I want your sense of love, and I want your life." Quote do you think your friends can keep me away? They'll disappoint you." He then said as I replied, "They haven't yet." "They won't make you strong. If I may give you some advice Clementine, the more connections you have, the easier it will be for me to break you. Mentally, emotionally, and physically hurt you." He then said a menacingly, giving me the chills. "I'll see you soon, little canary. Because there is nowhere left for you to fly." He then told me as he then took out Gabes sword and stabbed me right in the chest as everything then went pitch black.
(End of Dream)
Clem's POV;
I woke up drenched in sweat and panting hard as they then looked down to see that my baby bump was still there. I looked over next to me to see Gabe starting to wake up as well due to hearing me wake up in a panic. "Clem, are you OK?" He asked me concerned as I was now on the verge of tears. Quote did you have a nightmare again?" He then asked as I nodded my head at him. "Was it about Asher?" He then asked as I once again nodded my head. "Oh honey." He said as he comforted me in a hug that I returned instantly. "It was just a bad dream, baby. You're OK." He said as I then was reminded of the time that Gabe had repeated nightmares about Negan and how I comforted him. "Just go back to sleep, dear. I'll stay up until you fall asleep." He said as I slightly smiled and the two of us then laid back down with my head in his bare chest. "Gabe?" I asked him as he asked back, "Yes, mi amor?" "Don't die on me." I said as Gabe responded, "I don't plan on it, baby." We shared a passionate kiss good night is it took me a few minutes, but I managed to go back to sleep.