Chapter 14 "The Whisperers":

(Time Skip: Three Months Later)
Asher's POV:
I have been searching for an army for months and yet I have come up with Jack shit. Because as much as I wished I could take on that many people by myself, even I know that it would be a death sentence for me. Not only that, but the location of where Clementine's community is was still a mystery to me. The only thing I know about it is that the community itself is called Haven or at least that's what I overheard from the guy who's ass I almost killed. As I was thinking of a new plants get an army, I heard a series of groans and the distance as I knew that meant that a herd was near. I quickly had myself as I then saw that herd move right past me without even noticing me. There had to be about 10 of them but there was something strange about these walkers. They didn't walk like the rest and didn't look nearly as rotten either. I then heard a quiet voice go, "Keep moving." Those words came from one of the workers exit then clicked in my mind. These were the walkers at all. They were people. People I could maybe use to make an army. So as soon as they were far enough ahead of me, I begin to follow the fake herd to get some recruits.
I followed them all the way to this abandoned factory is they walked inside and shut the door. I then walked in myself that I didn't even try to be sneaky and just wanted to be direct. They all then looked at me as their place honestly looked like shit with banners all torn, campfires all over the place, and the reeking smell of rotten flesh. There had to be 30 maybe 40 of them as it was just the amount I needed. "Why hello ladies and gentlemen." I said making a formal introduction. Some of them then tried acting like walkers and moved slowly towards me while groaning as I said, "Look, I already know you are at Walker's so knock it off with that bullshit already." They then stopped and looked at me confused. "Who are you?" One of them asked while whispering. "Someone who is looking for a few good men and women to help me in my cause." I answered them as they then split apart so that one of their other members could walk through. "Leave now." The woman said quietly to me. "Why are you all whispering?" I asked her. "We are whisperers. This is our way of life." She quietly answered me. "And who might I ask you are?" I then asked her and she quietly answered, "I am Alpha. I am the leader of the whisperers."
"Well Alpha, I'm not going anywhere. I need an army and you and your people are the best candidates." I said to her. "Is that so? Then what might I ask is the cause of yours you speak of?" She then asked me to requote revenge. Someone took something precious for me and I need all of your help to make her pay for it and help me get that back." I told her as she then just quietly laughed at me. "What's so funny?" I asked her now getting annoyed. "Do you think we will just follow you because you want revenge? We do not partake in things of that nature. You can see yourself out before we all kill you where you stand." She said before walking away. "Hey, Alpha?" I asked her as she then looked back at me. I walked closer to her before saying, "You know, when I told you I needed an army...." I then lifted her up by the neck with my metal arm and begin to strangle her. "It wasn't an offer or a request. It was a goddamn demand!" I finished my sentence as the whisperers around her looked horrified by the site while she struggles for her life. Eventually her body went limp dead as I threw her courts on the ground and stomped on her skull so she didn't reanimate.
"There! Anyone else?" I asked as they all went quiet while looking at me and her. "No? Good. I said thankful that no one else start against me. "Your leader is dead! I am your alpha now! And as alpha, we are going to find Haven, get my revenge, and kill anyone who gets in our way! So are you in or out?!" I asked them as they all nervously nodded their heads. "Then let's move. Once we get a location, then we can strike." I told them as they all then began to walk out but I stopped the last guy who only had half of a walker's face on. "Hey, big fella. What's your name?" I asked him as he answered just as quietly as the others, "Beta." "Well Beta, you are going to be my general. You keep your people online or else I will hold you personally responsible." I told him as he then said, "You can't keep us like this forever." "I don't need forever. Once this is done, you and your people are free to go. Get the picture?" I asked him as he then nodded and left with the others while I followed them out as well. "What's your name?" He then asked me back. "Asher. Asher Crane." I answered him as we both continued to walk out.
(Flashback; Ten Years Ago)
Asher's POV:
We drove as fast as we could over to my parents house is on the way, we passed by hundreds maybe thousands more of those creatures feasting on human flash like something out of a horror film. "Asher, I'm scared." Lindsay said nervously is Annabel continued to cry from the backseat. "I know, sweetie. Let's just get to my parents house. We will be safe there." I tried to assure her as we continue driving down the road. We then pulled into the driveway as those monsters were all around the neighborhood outside but they didn't seem to notice us. "Lindsey, get Annabel and let's get inside." I told her and she nodded, unbuckled Annabel from her car seat, and opened her car door. All the sudden, one of those creatures try to attack her but I was able to kill it with a pencil that was in the glove compartment. Just then, all of the other creatures in the neighborhood begin limping in our direction right towards us. "Let's go now!!!" I yelled as we all exit of the car and ran as fast as we possibly could into the house with the creatures hot on our tail.
We walked in, shut the door, and locked it so that those things couldn't get inside the house. "What the fuck are those things?!" Lindsey asked me still freaking out. Cool I don't know. But whatever they are, I don't think they're friendly." I joked as we then heard some of them banging on the window as I just close the blinds on them. I heard Annabel still crying as I took her from Lindsey, held her, patted her on my back, and whispered, "Shhh Shhh Shhh. It's OK, little one. Don't cry. We are safe now." Annabel then stop crying as I then handed her back to my wife and shouted, "Mom!! Dad!! Are you here?!" I didn't get a response as I told Lindsay, "I'm going to try and find them. You stay here with Annabel and if anything happens, go hide in the bathroom upstairs, OK?" "OK." She replied as I then ran around the house while shouting their names and hoping to hear a response from one of them at least. "Mom!! Dad!!" I shouted as I then walked to their bedroom door is all I heard was the TV still blaring and the sound of munching. I slowly and quietly open the door to see that my mother was not one of those things literally eating my father alive.
"Mom. No." I said quietly as that was enough for her to notice me and begin walking closer to me. I looked around to see a fire poker right by the fireplace in the room is I made a bold for that and hold it like a weapon. "I am... I'm so sorry, Mom." I said before stabbing her in the head with the fire poker, killing her an impact. I began to cry as I then heard the TV say, "If you just tuning in, there have been reports of people coming back to life and are eating the living alive. The only way to stop these creatures who appear to be called walkers, lurkers, or the undead is by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that. Removing the head or destroying the brain. Any other methods won't kill them." Just as the news anchor said that, I looked back at my dead father and knew I had to destroy his brain so we didn't come back. I didn't hesitate as I repeatedly stomped on his skull until it looks like spaghetti and meatballs. I then ran as quickly as I could downstairs and saw Lindsay barricading the door and windows while Annabel lied down on the couch. "Asher, they'll be in here any minute." She said is I grabbed her by the shoulders and said, "We need to leave now." "What?! What about your parents?!" She asked as I sadly replied, "They are already dead. We need to get out of the city now!!" She then added as I grab Annabel and we escape through the back door since the front door was surrounded by these so-called walkers. We took the neighbors car and drove off right out of the city, leaving our old lives behind.

Also just in case anyone gets mad later on, this is not the comic or TV show version of the whisperers. This is my Books version of them so if they are not like they are in the comics are on the TV show then that's why. I just thought I'd say that now.