Chapter 8 "Kenny":

Clem's POV:
We were just a few minutes away from Haven has a lot of fear was going through my body. Possibly losing Gabe is horrible enough, but to see Asher again was trying to hunt me down makes the situation even worse. Although I should be happy that we're almost safe and back with our people, I couldn't be due to me worrying for Gabe. Kate and AJ looked worried as well with Kate holding onto her daughters hand tightly and her looking just as scared as I was well AJ did the same with my hand. Imagine if Gabe wasn't coming back. I couldn't live with myself. I guess Ramona must have sensed my fear as she walked over to the opposite side of me and said, "I am sure he's fine, Clem. You shouldn't worry." "I hope you're right. I couldn't bear to lose him. He, AJ, and our unborn child are my everything." I said is I almost begin shedding tears but I held them back as Ramona said, " I know.You're a family girl and I can respect that. You just need to keep fai...." before we heard someone show in the distance, "Guy?! Are you there?! Where are you?!"
We all looked back as I instantly recognize that voice as we then saw Gabe emerge from the woods behind us still showering for us. "GABE!!!" I shot it is I ran as fast as I could which wasn't as fast as I usually am on account of me being four months pregnant. "Clem? CLEM!!!" He shouted back is he real as fast as he could towards me and lifting me up in the air, spun me around for a second, and planted his lips directly on mine. I didn't hesitate to kiss back as the tears that I were holding back earlier finally came out except they were no tears of joy. We separated lips as he put me down and I then said, "I thought I lost you back there." "You're not getting rid of me that easily." He replied as we both giggled to bed before we heard AJ yell out, "Gabe!!" He then lunch himself into Gabe has the two then hugged each other like a father and son would and I just smiled at its cuteness. Kate came over and gave Gabe a hug as I then asked, "Wait, what happened to Asher?" "He got shot right in the back of his stomach with a shotgun. If they didn't kill him then he'll bleed out soon." Gave answered as I let out a sigh of relief. "But how is that possible? Either of you two had a shotgun?" Kate then asked him. "Well, I had a bit of help." Gabe said as he pointed towards the direction you came from as with and saw a man walk towards us. As soon as he came into the light, my eyes grew wide from shock as I couldn't believe it was really him. It... It was Kenny.
The last time I saw Kenny was back at Wellington where he had to leave AJ and I so that we could have a place to stay. Yet here he was right in front of me and it didn't look like he aged that much with the exception of a few new wrinkles on his face. He walked next to Gabe as Gabe then said, "Everyone, I would like to introduce you to...." "Kenny." I finished Gabe sentence as Kenny then looked at me and was now just as shocked as I was. "Cle... Clementine? Is that... Really you?" He asked in disbelief. I didn't even respond as my emotions got so high that I just ran up to him and gave him a big hug that he returned. "Well damn, clam. You seem to know everybody." Gave joked as I continue to hug Kenny. "You're alive! I can't believe it's you, darling. Look how big you got." He said as he then continued, "I missed you, Clem." We let go of each other as I then said, "I missed you too, Kenny. Where have you been?" "Well I want back to Wellington a few years ago hoping that they would have vacancies so that I could see you and AJ again. When I got there, it was destroyed. I thought you two were dead." He exclaimed as AJ then walked over to me and took my hand as I replied, "Well we made it out OK. I can't say the same for Edith and the others." "Is this... AJ?" Kenny then asked pointing at him as I nodded my head. Kenny then kneeled down and hugged him as AJ looked incredibly confused. "My God, look up big you got, little guy." Kenny said to still hugging him as AJ looked at me still confused and asked, "Uh, Clem? Who the heck is this guy?"
Kenny then let go of him as I explained, "AJ, this is Kenny. He was there the day you were born and for the first month of your life, he helped me take care of you." AJ then smiled and Kenny as he then gave him a quick hug and said, "Thank you." "Of course, kiddo. We're practically family." Can use and said as he then stood back up. "This is great! Now you and AJ can come with me back to my lodge. We could be a family again, Clem. You won't have to live with these people anymore. Let's go." Kenny said is I saw a sad look on Gabe's face while Kenny reached out for me to take his hand. But I pulled away is Kenny looked extremely confused. "Clem? What are you doing?" He asked. "We can't just leave with you, Kenny. I'm sorry." I told him as he now looked up said. "What?! Why not?!" He asked to sounding upset as well. "Well first of all, I am half liter of the community I live in called Haven and second of all, I am... I am... I am pregnant." I explained as it was my second reason they got a real reaction out of him. You don't look down at my still developing baby bump as he then went from an expression of sadness to one of anger and rage.
"No. No way. Clementine, you are only a teenager. You shouldn't already be pregnant at this age. Who is the father?!" He asked sounding angry. Gabe went to speak up but I knew that if Kenny were to know that Gabe was the one who knocked me up, then he would fucking kill him. "I am fa...." Gabe went to see his eyes and interrupted and lied, "He's dead. He got eaten alive by walkers." Gabe and everyone else in my small group looked extremely confused as Kenny then sarcastically replied, "Well isn't that just fucking great! That asshole just left you alone to raise a child by yourself. What a scumbag! Probably for the best, though. I would have killed him myself anyway." I just nervously chuckled as Gabe gave me a disappointing look that burned into my skull. "Well, don't you worry Clem. I'll help you raise the child if you need help." Kenny then volunteered as I replied, "Thank you, Kenny." "Of course, darling. Well let's just get you back to your camp. Lead the way." Kenny then said is we all dead and began to walk back to Haven. Gabe kept his distance from me and the rest of the way back if I knew he was angry at me for not saying he was the father of my baby. I hope this doesn't mean that he's done with me.