Chapter 27 "Face to Face":

Clem's POV:
My eyes began to slowly open as my vision then began to return to me. As soon as I was awake, I looked around and saw I was in the dark and rancid place with my wrists tied to a post like when Mitch took our group over. The air smelled like smoke while blood stains were splattered on the wall. "Hello?!" I called out hoping for someone to hear me, and yet I got no response. "Let me go, you fucking assholes!" I shouted still trying to gain someone's attention. I stopped yelling as I felt the baby kick once again. "It's OK, sweet pea. We're going to get out of here. We're going to see daddy again. He's coming for us, I know it." I whispered to the baby as I wanted to rub my baby bump, but I was unable to do so due to the restraints. I didn't started to think about Gabe. How much I missed him and how much I hope he was OK. I also missed AJ, Kenny, Kate, Violet, and basically everyone else in Haven. There was no question that I needed to find a way out of here but I just didn't know how I could do it.
As I was caught up in my thoughts, the rooms door opened as Asher walked in and shut the door behind him. He pulled out a chair from the room, set it up in front of me, and said down so we could be at eyes level. He reached into his pocket as I assume he was going for his knife, but instead he pulled out a granola bar. "You must be hungry. Open wide." He said as I replied, "I'm not hungry, you son of a...." "EAT!" He screamed as I then reluctantly open my mouth as he fed me the granola bar as if I were a toddler. "I have to make sure you're both well fed. Otherwise, this was all for nothing." After I finished the granola bar, he crumpled up the rapper and threw it in my face. "You... Have no idea how long I have waited for this moment, Clem. To have you at my mercy. To see you so... Powerless. Like I was." He said as I just gave him the death glare. "I'm not powerless. I can handle myself." I said in my own defense. "And yet you're in restraints as my prisoner. Maybe you can defend yourself, but not as good as you think." He said back to me. "Asher listen, I am sorry about your family. I didn't mean to...." I said until he stood back up, threw the chair across the room, and shouted, "I don't care what you meant to do! My wife and daughters blood are still on your hands!"
"Then why haven't you killed me yet?" I asked him giving him a mean look again. He then just started laughing at me for a solid 10 seconds until he got serious again and said, "I don't want to kill you. At least not yet." "And why is that?" I asked out of suspicion. "Because I still have use for you, despite my urges to kill you now where you stand. Or should I say sit." He told me as I begin to worry about what the "use" he was talking about was. "What kind of use?" I asked him. "I'll tell you in a moment's time. But first, I want to tell you a story. The story about what happened after the end of my world." He said crouching down to me. "So just listen up, OK Clem? Because everything I'm about to tell you is all your fault." He said to me as he then ruffled up my hair with his metal arm and I was unable to do anything about it. "Now, to set the scene. It all started... Oh wait. You already know how it started." He said sounding sarcastic and cocky as I just rolled my eyes. "So I guess I'll just skip ahead to the good part." He then said is he began his little "story" with me.
(Flashback: Three Years Ago)
Asher's POV:
After Clementine and her little bastard escaped, I held my dead wife and daughter in my arms as the rain coming down mixed with my ocean of tears. "No. No. No. No." I said to them as even though they were dead, I still kissed them on the forehead. "Lindsay. Annabel." I said to myself as I then just repeated their names over and over both in my head and out loud. I knew what I had to do as I set them down leaning on a rock is I took out my life and held it to my dead daughters head. I looked at her sweet little face as it just looked so lifeless and cold, which broke my heart even more. "I am... I'm sorry, pumpkin. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you... Or your mommy. I'll... I'll... I'll miss you." I said to her "as I did reluctantly stabbed her corpse right in the head so she didn't come back as a walker. And even though she was already dead, it didn't make it any less painful to do it. I don't moved over to my dead wife as I held the Army knife to her head as well. "I am... I'm so sorry, my... Love." I then said as I wanted to stab her until she already reanimated and attacked me out of nowhere.
I dropped my Army knife as walker Lindsay was on top of me trying to bite me. I attempted to reach for my Army knife as walker Lindsay then try to go for my arm. If she attempted to chomp on it, I kicked her off of me and grab the knife. I've been stabbed her in the head, making her die for real. As I looked over her corpse and cried even more, I noticed a piece of my jacket was on the ground. I then looked over to my arm and saw a bite mark on my right shoulder. "No!!" I said is I held my arm in pain. I thought that it was the end for me. That I would just end up like my wife and daughter now. Until I discovered that I wasn't ready to die yet. I took a look at the Army knife in my hand as I then walked back to the camping area we were in. I set myself down on the log as I begin to slowly saw off my arm from my shoulder blade so I wouldn't turn. I groaned and screamed in pain of course, but the thought of my family kept me strong. Once my arm was completely off, I cleaned it and bandaged it as best I could as I was now down to only one arm.
I walked for weeks alone with only one eye, one arm, and little to no food. But one day I discovered an old car impound where I found pieces of scrap metal and some mechanical parts. I took what I can as I then used a blow torch and tools to turn all that scrap metal in parts into a replacement arm. But in order to connect it to my body, it had to be fused with my skin. So that's exactly what I did is I took the blow torch and melted my skin with the metal in order to connect it. I tested it out as I lifted it up and tested my fingers by making a fist. I smiled at the sight of me having to arms again but the smile disappeared when I thought of how I lost it in the first place. How I lost everything. It was because of that young girl. And it was at that moment where I knew my true purpose now. To find her and get my revenge. To make her suffer just like how she made me. And it was there that my quest for vengeance began.
(End of Flashback)
Clem's POV:
Asher finished his story and is much is I truly hated him with all my guts, I actually felt sorry for him with guilt pumping through my body. "You... Ruined my life. And no I want to ruin yours." He told me as he got back on his feet. "Then I ask again, why haven't you killed me yet? You said that was your purpose and yet you hesitate to do so. Why?" I asked in anger. "Killing you was the original plan. But then that plan changed when I realized that I could take back something you took from me." He said as I got curious but also afraid. He kneeled back down to me as he said, "You see, Clem. I don't want you. I want to... That." He said as he then pointed at my baby bump. "You will not lay a hand on my fucking baby, do you understand?!" I said and furious rage as he replied, "Well if it all goes well, it won't exactly be yours." He said as I got confused. "I don't want to kill the baby. I want it as my own. A chance to re-start a family with just my child and I. And by the time it's old enough to remember shit, you'll already be dead and it will have no memory of its "precious" mommy." He said making air quotes. "You'll never get away with this. Gabe and my people will stop you." I said in anger. "I'd like to see them try. They don't even know where we are. And come tomorrow, I've asked one of my people to perform a C-section on you. So even if they do find me, it'll already be too late. So get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow." He said as he then got up and left, shutting the door behind him and leaving me emotionally hurt and scared for tomorrow.