Chapter 4 "Baby Supply Run":

Clem's POV:
We went searching down a nearby road for any place that could have possibly had baby supplies before the apocalypse, but yet we couldn't find shit. I could tell that Gabe was still worried about me and I can understand why. He's always done whatever he can to try and protect me and now he has to protect me and our unborn child as well. That could be why he decided to bring his old friends sword with him. I haven't seen him with that since we were attacked by Negan at the boarding school. "Jesus Christ, there has to be something." Gabe said getting a bit frustrated. "Just hold out, babe. We'll find something soon. You'll see." I said trying to assure him. "Well I hope you're right because I'm starting to get pissed." Gabe said as AJ then pointed to his right and exclaimed to us. "Hey, what about there?" We looked over to where he was pointing out as we then saw an abandoned town in the distance. "Yeah, let's go check it out. It's got to be worth a shot, right?" I asked as I looked back at Gabe as he then nodded and we started changing direction towards the old and abandoned town AJ found.
He began walking on the towns streets as I found it odd that there were no walkers or bandits in sight. You would think a place like this would be a gold mine for food, supplies, and other shit. We continued walking until we came across an abandoned Walmart and I knew that if any place in this town had any baby supplies, it would definitely be there. "We going to do it?" AJ asked looking at both of us back-and-forth. "Yeah, we are. Just be careful, guys. Keep your eyes open for muertos and bandits." Gabe warned us as AJ left in one direction of the store and I followed Gabe to another. I took a moment to look over the inside as like most things these days, it looked raided and overall shitty with the outdoor sunlight serving as the only light. Gabe and I begin to walk through the aisles looking for baby stuff is Gabe then said, "Listen, honey. I just want to apologize if I'm coming off as a bit of an asshole today. It's just the whole thing with Ray really set me off." "I know, Gabe. You were just trying to protect me, I get that. But you need to stop seeing Ray as a threat." I said is Gabe then looked back at me a bit while we walked into the next aisle and replied, "He is a threat, Clem. You don't know that guy like I do." "Maybe not. Maybe he was a threat then, but he sure as hell isn't one now. U2 just need to find common ground." I said is Gabe sighed and replied, "It's not going to be easy for me." "I know. But you're arguing it has really gotten to a lot of people. And he does seem genuinely nice now even if he wasn't them. As much as you may hate him, I think he deserves for you to give him a chance at least." I then said is Gabe replied, "I... I can try, I guess." "I'll take it." I said is Gabe's frown then turned into a half smile as I couldn't help but smile back at his adorkable face.
"Ah ha. Here it is! Baby aisle." Gabe said with excitement as I followed him into the aisle. And unlike the other Isles in the store, this one actually looked untouched which is pretty lucky for us. "Wow, look at all the stuff." I said in disbelief as Gabe turned around, put his hands on his hips like I do, and said, "Lucky ass, I guess." "Are you mocking me, Garcia?" I playfully asked as he replied, "Maybe I am. And you can't use my last name is a nickname when you have the exact same last name." I giggled as he then got serious and said, "Well let's start packing up. Only take what's necessary." I begin looking on the walls for anything useful. I looked down to see an unopened pack of baby bottles as I said to myself, "Baby bottles. Yeah, I think this is considered necessary." I put the bottles in my backpack as is and continue to look. I managed to find pacifiers and a few small blankets while Gabe found diapers and some baby formula. As my backpack begin to get almost full, I looked over to see a rack of baby clothes and onesies. I packed up the clothes as I then looked at the onesies with one being a red with dinosaurs on it, another being blue with the Rockets on it, and one being pink with flowers on it. "Awwww." I quietly said to myself as I took all three off the rack and went back to Gabe.
Call Gabe, look at these. I said as Gabe then looked back at me and saw the onesies. "Those are pretty cute." He said almost unenthusiastically but I chose to ignore it. "These are kind of adorable." I said is Gabe then replied, "Then pack them up." He wants again sounded unenthusiastic is I knew something was up. Usually even if it was stupid, Gabe would at least try to match my happiness. "Gabe, something wrong?" I asked him as he gave me no response. "You're still worried about me, aren't you?" I asked him as it was quiet for a few seconds until Gabe turned around and responded, "Honestly baby, I'm worried about a lot of things right now." "Like what?" I asked concerned. "Well for starters, I still don't think you should have come with us. I don't want you or our baby getting hurt." He said to me almost sounding sad. "Gabe, just because I'm almost 5 months pregnant doesn't mean I can't handle myself. I'm still a bad ass even with a newborn baby being made inside of me." I said is Gabe chuckled and replied, "Indeed you are. You're the most bad ass girl in the universe. But this world can be unpredictable. You've all people should know that." "I do. But you don't have to worry about me. I'm going to be fine. Besides I can still use a gun when I'm pregnant." I assured him as I moved closer to him. He smiled for a moment before going back to frowning.
"Something else on your mind, dork?" I asked him. "I'm just... A bit worried is all." He said back. "About what?" I don't asked. "I'm worried that... I'm not going to be a good dad. I mean just look at my father. He was an absolute asshole who only knew how to run from his problems rather than face them. Despite him always talking about how he loved war." He said as I then put my body even closer to him I put my hand in head on his chest while he gently put his arms around me. "Gabe, you are not your father. You are a good man. A selfless man. Someone I can always rely on. You are a real man." I said comforting him as I then heard him say, "Maybe, but all I know is that you deserve a hell of a lot better than me." My heart broke a bit when he said that as I then looked up at him and said, "Please don't say that, Gabe. You're the one I love." "But it's true. You deserve the world, Clementine. I don't know if I am going to be a good dad or not." He said is I remembered what Javi said to me years ago about AJ as I asked, "Will you love it?" "What?" Gabe asked in confusion of my questions. "Well you love our child?" I repeated my question. "With all of my beating heart." Gabe replied as I then said, "Then you are going to be an awesome dad. I have no doubt about that. Besides, I think you're already doing great with being AJ's sort of father so there's nothing for us to worry about." Gabe smiled and put my forehead to his. "I love you, Clem." He said to me as I felt a single tear roll off his face and land on mine but I didn't care. "I love you too, Gabe." I said back as we slowly both landed and connected our lips for a passionate kiss will be in bathed in the darkness of the store.
Like all of our kisses, I didn't wanted to end. But it eventually did is Gabe pulled away, kneeled down, put both his hands on my baby bump, give it a kiss, and cooed, "And we love you too, little one. Yes we do." I giggled at his cuteness as I then heard AJ running behind us as we both turned around to look at him. "Clem! Gabe! I found baby stuff!" He said with excitement as he opened up his backpack to show us what he found. Inside the backpack there were rattles, most baby food, bibs, more diapers, and a couple of stuffed animals. "Good job, buddy. We found some stuff too." Gabe said about to show him the stuff we found until we all heard the sound of a shotgun being pumped. We are quickly turned around to see a shadowy figure in front of us holding a shotgun in our direction as it was too dark to see what the person looked like. "Who are you people? What are you people doing here?" The person asked as I saw Gabe reach for his sword but I quickly stopped him. "Gabe, don't. I'll handle this." I said as he kept his sword in a toaster as I slowly approached the person. "Don't come any closer!" The person said as I said back, "We don't mean you any harm. You were just looking for baby stuff. Just lower the gun and we'll be on our way." I said as the person that knocked me over the head with the back of her garden as I fell to the ground and thankfully without hurting the baby. They visit went blurry as I saw the person then inject something into Gabe and AJ which caused them to be knocked out as not too long after, my eyes shut.