Chapter 25

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 25
• later that day •
Katniss' POV

Peeta is over after he went home to get his stuff. We sort a film to watch and bring the million-and-one blankets in my house out.

knock knock

"I'll get it!" I shout to Peeta who's still getting the blankets.

I get a mumbling "okay" back off him.

I jog over and answer the door where the group and girls stand with their bags.

"Hey! Come on in!" I say opening the door for them to come in.

They all walk in and stand by the door as they don't know where to go. I shut the door and walk to the front.

"Follow me" I say and lead them to the living room, I walk in and can't see Peeta. I just carry on walking in when something jumps on me.

"BOO!" Peeta says jumping on me.

"Peeta!" I shout.

They all laugh.

"Ugh, come on. Come set your things down" I say gesturing to the floor where all the blankets are spread out.

They go and set their things down.

"Wheres the food and drink?!" Cato asks.

"I'll get it now! I'll get food, Peet, you get food?"

"Okay" He says following me into the kitchen.

"last time you came in here, you were cleaning me while I couldn't move for like 8 hours!" I say laughing.

"Yeah, that was a horrible day Kat! I almost lost my best friend!"

"Aww I sowwy" I say teasing him.

"Oh, shut up"

"No you!" I say still teasing him while I get the drinks out of the fridge.

He comes up behind me and picks me up causing me to scream.

"Peeta! Put me down!"

"Okay" he says as he sits me down on the counter smirking.

I put the bottles on the counter next to me while the popcorn is in the microwave.

He comes up and kisses me. I just smile as I kiss him back as my arms go around his neck. Me and him hear footsteps so he starts tickling me.

"Peeta!" I laugh. "Stop tickling me!" I say laughing between each word while trying to escape from him.

"Peeta let her go, were hungry and thirsty!" Cato shouts through the door.

"Fine!" He says stopping, going to get the popcorn and taking it in while I jump down and grab 13 glasses and the 3 bottles of pop and and empty one cause the probably wanna play truth or dare then go in.

"TRUTH OR DARE!" Finnick shouts.

"I've got a bottle so shut up!!" I shout.

We all sit down in a circle. "I'm first!" I shout. They all groan.

I spin the bottle and it lands on Cato. "Truth or Dare?" I ask.

"Dare" he says.

"I dare you to go out into the street in your boxers and say "I'm a drunk chicken with the chicken noise" to everyone you see" I say smirking.

"Really?!" he says. I nod.

He gets undressed in his boxers and goes outside and starts shouting "I'm a drunk chicken" with the chicken noise at the end. Were all recording it.

Once he's done he comes back in and gets dressed. He then spins the bottle and it lands on Peeta.

"Truth or Dare Mellark?" Cato asks.

"Truth, I don't want one of your dares" he says.

"Who do you love?" Cato questions.

"You know who I love and I'm not repeating it" Peeta says.

"Wait, what time is it?" I ask.

"uhh, 9pm" Annie says.

"Sh*it! I was meant to phone Prim at 8!" I say and run upstairs.

Phew, that was a good excuse for me, I could feel my anxiety building up..

-Peeta's POV-

"Truth or dare Mellark?" Cato asks me.

"Truth, I don't want one of your dares" I say.

"Who do you love?" He asks.

Really?!

"you know who I love and I'm not repeating it" I say.

"Wait, what time is it?" Kat asks.

"uhh, 9pm" Annie says.

"Sh*it! I was meant to phone Prim at 8!" She says and runs upstairs.

We all look at each other confused.

She comes back down a few minutes later and sits back where she was. "Sorry, Prim likes to make sure I'm okay if im in the house on my own" She says laughing. "Anyway, Peeta spin!"

"Shall we just watch the film?" Glimmer asks.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna get a drink though as we've drunk all 3 bottles" Kat says getting up and walking to the Kitchen.

"Kat?" I shout.

"What?"

"Is there a toilet out there? I can't be bothered to walk up the stairs!"

"Yep" I get up and walk out the kitchen smirking.

She's sitting on the counter drinking a glass of Lemonade. As I walk up her she puts the glass down to the side of her. She puts her arms around my neck while mine go around her waist. She leans down slightly and kisses me.

I hear footsteps. "Hey, Kat wheres the pop I wanna re-fil my- WOAH!!" They must have opened the door and seen us. We carry on kissing trying not to laugh, we pretend we didn't hear the person.

We decide to break after a few seconds as we couldn't handle the laughter. I see it's Glimmer, standing there shocked.

"Was I just dreaming? Someone pinch me" Kat goes over and pinchs her.

"Yep, definately not a dream, anyway. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" She screams.

"What is it?" The other shout walking through the door.

Me and Peeta shrug.

"I walked in to get some more pop and they were kissing!" She shouts.

Me and Peeta look at each other 'confused'. "What are you on about Glimmer?" Kat asks.

"You were kissing! Kat was sitting on the counter and Peeta was stood infront of her and they were kissing!"

"No, we weren't. Kat had a flashback from her mum when she walked out here and her legs gave way and fell to the floor crying. I walked in and saw her, and put her on the counter. She has calmed down by the time you came in and we were hugging FYI!" I say.

"Oh, I guess I was seeing things.." Glimmer says. She gets the pop and walks back into the living room with the rest.