Chapter 17

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 17
Peeta's POV

"Sh-she's g-gonna k-k-kill h-herself?" My brother Rye stutters.

"I don't know.." Gale says.

"Do you think we should go find her?" Glimmer asks.

"No! She can't know we heard her" Gale says.

As it's nearly 6:30pm, we all head to Finnick's car, and my brothers head home in the car the came in.

"Sleepover at mine?" Finnick says.

"Yeah!" We all say.

We stop outside Cato's, he runs in and gets his school bag, and a bag of stuff. He tells his parents then gets back in.

The then stop at Clove's, she does the same then jumps in.

We carry on dropping people off to get their stuff, after we've done Glimmer, Marvel, Annie, Johanna, me and Gale we head off to Finnicks. It's now 7:30pm. It's quite a long drive from Gale's house so we start talking.

"Do you think we should ask if Kat want's to come? We could check Cinna's house as it's round here" I say.

"Sure" Finnick says.

It's now 8pm once we get to Cinna's house, I jump out and go and knock the door. Cinna answers.

"Hello Peeta, what brings you here?" Cinna asks.

"Hey Cinna, is Katniss here?"

"No, sorry. You should check Haymitch's or her house"

"Okay, thanks" I say then walk back to the van.

"Not there, try Haymitch's" I say getting in.

Finnick nods. It's now 8:30pm by the time we gat to Haymitch's. I get out again and knock on his door.

"What do you want Baker Boy?" Haymitch says.

"Is Kat here?" I ask.

"No, try Cinna's or her house"

"Weve tried Cinna's, but we'll head to her house now, thanks" I say then head to the van.

"Not there either, to her house!" I say.

Finnick nods.

We pull up outside and I get out, yet again and knock the door. Prim and her Auntie answers.

"Oh hey Peeta" Prim says.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask them both.

"Were fine" her Auntie says smiling.

"How are you?" Prim asks me.

"I'm fine thanks Prim" I smile.

"So what brings you here?" her Auntie asks.

"I was gonna ask If Katniss wanted to have a sleepover at Finnicks"

"We thought Kat was with you" Prim says.

"No? I thought she would have come here" I say.

"We haven't seen her since yesterday when we went to visit her" her Auntie says.

"Why don't you try Cinna or Haymitch's?" Prim asked.

"We have.."

"You mean Kat is missing?" Prim says.

"We haven't seen her since she ran out of the hospital after Snow and Plutarch got arrested" I say.

"They got arrested?" her Auntie questions.

"Yeah, Kat phone the police on them"

"When did that happen?" Prim asks.

"Around 4 ish" I say.

"You haven't seen her for 5 hours!" Prim says.

I check my phone, it's 9pm.

"Don't worry, we'll go looking for her"

"Thanks Peeta" Prim says.

I wave then walk back to the Van.

"Nowhere, they haven't seen her since yesterday when they went to see her" I say getting in.

"Oh god, she's been gone 5 hours!" Clove says.

"Come on, we can look on the way to Finnicks" Cato says.

Finnick starts driving, we all look out the windows looking if we can find Katniss. We drive past the boundry fence to get to the districts.

"Guys stop a minute, I'm sure I saw something on the other side of the fence!" Gale says.

"Thats impossible! None can get over there, plus none goes over there" Cato says.

"It's Katniss, she hunts" Gale says.

"So?" Marvel says.

"Just stop Fin" Gale says.

Finnick stops outside the fence. Gale was right. Theres someone there, the person turned it's head, it saw the van and turned it's head back as Gale got out. It looked back to us and when it saw Gale walking towards the fence.

"Come on Gale! It's not her, you can't even get over there!" Johanna says.

Gale carries on walking toward the fence, he goes to touch the fence then goes through the gap. Once the person saw Gale go through they got up and started running with a huge limp.

"Catnip!" Gale shouts as the person gets toward the trees.

The person stops and turns round. "What?!" They shout.

We all get out and walk towards the fence. We all go through the fence, they back away 2 steps. Gale turns round and sees us he puts his hand up to motion us not to come further. We all stop.

"Why are you here?!" He shouts.

"Why are you here?!" She shouts back.

"To get you!"

"Don't bother!"

"Why?"

"Because!"

"Catnip come on!"

"No, leave! I'll be fine! I'll be in school tomorrow. Go!" She shouts.

"Fine!" He shouts back. Then walks over to us. We watch her look at us. When she notices we won't move she runs off into the woods.

We all make our way back to the van and go to Finnicks.