Chapter 8

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 8
Finnick's POV

We all walk to Johanna's. Once we get there we just sit in the living room waiting for a phone call.

"Guys?" Marvel speaks up.

"Yeah?" I question.

"Do you remember when Kat first moved and she went with Plutarch to the office and she was sitting outside.."

"Yeah.."

"Well remember when Peeta crowched down infront of her comforting her and he rubbed her leg and winced in pain, when Gale looked it was a huge purple and green bruise. When we asked her she said "I tripped and fell onto a big rock and something fell on top of my leg" now we know where the bruise actually came from! She didn't want to tell us about her mother so made a lie!" Marvel explains.

"Oh my god yeah!" Gale says.

About 40 minutes later, I get a phone call. It's Peeta.

"Hello?!"

"I need you guys over here as fasy as you can!"

"Okay!"

I hang up and tell everyone before we sprint out the door an towards Katniss' house.

When we get there, there's no screams and whimpers of pain. But there is Police cars and ambulances. We all walk through the door and see the kitchen door wide open. We walk over and look through the door. Rye and Michael have Katniss' mother against the counter holding her hands behind her back. The Police and Ambulance people rush through, the Police arrest Mrs whatever her surname is.

"Mrs Havensbee, you are under arrest for murder and physical abuse. Anything you say now will go against you in court" The police man says while hand cuffing her.

I see Prim stand up and she spots Gale next to me. She runs over and he picks her up with the sobs in his shoulder.

"D-don't g-go o-over" Prim stutters through tears.

"We won't Prim. It's okay" Gale says comforting her.

"Well you can, but I advise not to if you don't like blood and huge cuts"

We all look at Annie and Glimmer.

"You girls stay on the couch with Prim,we going to see Kat"

"Why can't we?" They ask.

"It's very bad, you wouldn't be able to cope, I can just about" Prim explains.

Gale's eyes widen while he puts Prim down. He walks back over.

"She's gonna be very bad" Gale says.

"How you know?" Cato asks.

"Cause if Prim can just be able to cope then it's pretty bad" Gale states.

"How?"

"She's training to be a nurse..she can handle loads of things"

"Oh" we a say.

We all walk with Gale in front, we watch where the ambulance people rush to, when we get over there we can only see her head as the rest is covered in a white sheet. Her head is layed in Peeta's lap as he's sobbing. He's just lost one of his best friends..