Chapter 9

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 9
Finnick's POV

"How is she?" Marvel asks one of the paramedics.

"She has a really weak pulse, I'm quite surprised she still has one, even the slightest" The paramedic says back.

So she's not dead, yet.

"Whats going to happen?" I ask.

"We can't risk moving her as she is badly hurt and could easily lose her pulse. We have back-up coming to see is we can sort her" the man says.

"So, she has to stay here to be treated?" Clove asks.

"Correct"

"Are you close to her?" The man asks.

"Yeah, close friends" We say in unison.

"Ahh the only reason we think we should keep her here is I think her boyfriend here would be quite upset if we moved her and it caused her pulse to stop" The man says. Peeta's head jerks up.

"I-I'm not her boyfriend. I'm one of her best friends. He's the other" He points at Gale. "She's more closer to us than the rest but she is close to the others" He says wiping his tears.

"Oh I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions" The man mutters while putting an oxygen mask on her.

Gale goes down and kneels by Peeta comforting him.

We all sit there looking at her face with newly covered bruises all over.

"Would you mind leaving so we can take photos for the court case please, you probably won't want to see the body" The man asks.

"Okay, we probably won't want to see the body.." We say walking out with the man. I see Peeta isn't there.

"Where's Peeta?" I ask him.

"Oh the boy?"

"Yeah"

"He's stayed there"

"Why?"

"He's already seen the body, he's the one that phoned us once he found her and cleaned her up slightly"

"Oh, can we see her?"

"If you really want to" He says shocked we want to see the body.

"Thanks" I say as he lets us back in.

Peeta is still there stroking her hair and crying while her head is in his lap. They have taken the sheet off and put it on the counter, we haven't seen the body yet but we can see their taking photos. The only reason we can see Peeta is because he is not hidden behind the counter where Katniss' body is.

We all walk over and gasp at what we see.

Peeta quickly gasps and looks up at us, his eyes are blotchy and puffy with red from crying. He looks back down at her. He gasps again.

"Peeta..whats wrong?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything, he just nods down at her as we approach closer.

As we walk over we look down at her. We are all shocked when we see..